Using two audio interfaces Macbook; one DC coupled one not (Eurorack)

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey first post!

I bought a second hand Expert Sleepers ES 8 today and was wondering if anyone had advice on how to stage things to send voltage to the ES-8 and audio from the rack with line out to the other audio interface and not muck things up with the other interface? If it helps any I'll probably just be using Fruity Voltage within FL Studio

dashel wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:11 pm Hey first post!

I bought a second hand Expert Sleepers ES 8 today and was wondering if anyone had advice on how to stage things to send voltage to the ES-8 and audio from the rack with line out to the other audio interface and not muck things up with the other interface? If it helps any I'll probably just be using Fruity Voltage within FL Studio
cant help you myself, but ive asked your question in another thread :)

viewtopic.php?p=8631316#p8631316

please feel free to join the modular heads there, we are having a nice chat about building racks :)

You can create an aggregate audio device which combines the I/O of your two audio interfaces: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

Note, I've had some issues with distorted audio, which I think were caused by un-synced sample rates, when using aggregate audio devices in some applications but when the only thing I had running was my DAW, it seemed to work well enough. I had an ES-9 though, not an ES-8.

So I made an aggregate device with the minifuse 4 as the first option and I can send CV but can't hear incoming audio on the 4 inputs on the ES 8 but it'll record those and if I switch to using the ES8 as the first option it can play the audio back. Whereas if the ES 8 is first option it records the ES 8 inputs but can't send cv.

dashel wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:17 pm So I made an aggregate device with the minifuse 4 as the first option and I can send CV but can't hear incoming audio on the 4 inputs on the ES 8 but it'll record those and if I switch to using the ES8 as the first option it can play the audio back. Whereas if the ES 8 is first option it records the ES 8 inputs but can't send cv.
With Mac Aggregate Devices you have to be sure all the per-device options in Audio Midi Setup, the individual devices' control apps, and the sound device/track input settings in your DAW/host are all consistent.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”