Arturia Power / Flying Bus

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello guys ,

I have Arturia Rackbrute 3U , I don't really use it .
At this point Moog 60HP case (that i have) is more
compact and usable but there is no power in it .

Can I remove Arturia Power and insert in Moog case and attach flying bus cable ? If yes is there any specification that i must keep in mind before buying Flying cable ?

Cheers

anyone?

This forum is actually for software modulars, you probably want this moved to the Hardware forum.

I dont know if the Moog case has enough depth for the Arturia PSU, but from the images Ive seen, I dont see that that would be a problem.
However from those same images, it looks like the PSU connects to the busboard with a specific 4-pin connector, ie the only euro power connectors are on the busboard. So I doubt you can hook up a flying lead. Looks also to be a little bit of power conditioning (some caps etc) on the busboard which you'd lose.

You'd probably have to use a PSU designed for connecting to flying leads, like uZeus or whatever

Spec for flying leads is basically 'a Eurorack flying lead' as far as Im aware.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Thanks , probably you are right i think but just contacted Arturia support to provide some information . Probably they say No as well

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 am
I dont know if the Moog case has enough depth for the Arturia PSU, but from the images Ive seen, I dont see that that would be a problem.
This got me curious as I've never seen an Arturia PSU out of the box, but I suspect there may be a depth issue with the Moog, given its shape vs the Arturia. Finally found a shot of the panel that does show shrouded 16-pin connectors on it. Although this is the 6U model. IF your 3U model has one or two of these (which look exactly like those black connectors on the bus-board panel), then the only issue would be the depth of the Moog, which you can (obviously) test by trying it.

As stated, the flying cables are pretty standard.

Arturia RackBrute 6U.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I tried and its too deep for moog case

Return to “Modular Synthesis”