Looping, Regenerating and MIDI-/Audio-Output

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I use looping and the arrow to regenerate certain phrases "on the fly" - how do I record a WAV-and MIDI-file of it?
is there the option to output f.e. three loops to WAV/MIDI?
Or is it accomplished in another way?
Satie03.PNG
Satie04.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards and keep on creating music,
-rockbandguy

Or can this be accomplished by running RC inside my daw (Cubase 12 Artist)?
-rockbandguy

RC stores regenerated midi in the phrase, if you set the option on the phrase. Right click the lightning bolt (on the composition) to see those options. Also, in the settings tab, there is a setting for the number of phrases that can be stored. It is called the "phrase history". Phrase history is shown on the phrase in the composition as "<x/x>" in the top right corner of the phrase.

For audio, you would probably want to use RC as a VST in your DAW, and route the track accordingly and play/record from that. You could also route the midi and record the midi like that too.

RC does have the ability to export the track as audio as well, that is the file menu..

Thx, BlueGenes!
I saw the option of exporting the audio as well. But how to I use this feature for a looped output?
Do I use the phrase as described above?
-rockbandguy

Another question: What is the lightning bulb "on the composition"? In fact, I am not able to follow the steps You describe concerning the phrase history:
"RC stores regenerated midi in the phrase, if you set the option on the phrase. Right click the lightning bolt (on the composition) to see those options. Also, in the settings tab, there is a setting for the number of phrases that can be stored. It is called the "phrase history". Phrase history is shown on the phrase in the composition as "<x/x>" in the top right corner of the phrase."

If I make 3 loops, how do I access the midi of these three loops?
-rockbandguy

Your Satie-tutorial is great, BluGenes! Want to express my gratitude for Your efforts here.
-rockbandguy

The bottom of this dialog (past states to store) must have a value greater than 0 to see history..

to access the regenerated midi on the phrase (history) , click either one of the "<>" buttons..

Also, I covered this in the videos about phrases in part 1.. maybe watch it again.. I have to do that, with stuff new to me. Watch or read it a couple of times before it sinks in.. so, I understand..

Return to “MusicDevelopments”