Official Ableton iOS App -'Note' transfers to Live

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.ableton.com/en/note/?pk_vid ... 7692d6933e

Simple Live workflow and Live sounds

Very cool for a fiver...this is the most interesting aspect...

Ableton Cloud

Send your Note Set to Live using Ableton Cloud. Open your project in Live’s browser and pick up where you left off with all your sounds, samples and effects in place.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Note Live has been updated to include the Cloud to allow updates!

11.2.5 Release Notes
New Features and improvements:
Ableton Cloud

Introduced Ableton Cloud, a service that sends Sets from Ableton Note directly to Live’s browser, as well as other instances of Note across various iOS devices.

To enable cloud functionality in Live, open Live’s Preferences, go to the Library tab, and switch the Show Cloud option to On.

Once enabled, a Cloud label will appear in the Places section of Live’s browser, along with a message prompting you to sign in to ableton.com. Click the Sign In button to open a web browser window, this will lead you through the activation process required to connect the service to your Ableton User Account.

After activating Cloud, any Sets that are uploaded to Cloud in Note will appear in Live’s browser in real-time, assuming both devices are connected to a reliable network and logged into the same Ableton User Account.

Various Cloud-related software texts have been added in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, and Spanish.

For more information about Cloud and Note, please refer to the following:

Note Manual - http://www.ableton.com/en/note/manual

Note FAQ - https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... 0279343772
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The interesting thing about it is the integration with Live. Otherwise Note is rather limited. As a standalone, I would even give it a glance compared to Drambo.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:49 pm The interesting thing about it is the integration with Live. Otherwise Note is rather limited. As a standalone, I would even give it a glance compared to Drambo.
Nothing competes with Drambo...but if you use Live then this app feels like Live, it has the same sounds (drum kit etc) as live, same macro controls and fx etc (not all but a selection) and it's very easy to use (Drambo has a learning curve). It also samples (with basic sample editing) and transfers those samples to Live via the cloud which is cool. Instrument view pretty powerful- has scales, different layouts etc. you can actually edit the midi notes you record so it's pretty functional.

It's a perfect partner for Live and Lives methodology- easy, fast, functional...works on small screens, I think I will actually use it (unlike a lot of apps) knowing I can easily transfer it to a full Live project- most of my Drambo stuff just ends on staying on my phone!

Cool way to get samples in to Live

https://youtu.be/kp2jNxWtI_M

Maybe they add later the ability to record straight from other apps, like through AUM etc. Then you could sample these and send to Ableton.

Now….. let’s wait for Live 11.5.
I have good feeling that some great additions are coming down the pipes.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

pdxindy wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:49 pm The interesting thing about it is the integration with Live. Otherwise Note is rather limited. As a standalone, I would even give it a glance compared to Drambo.
Drambo is one of the best apps out there but, you can’t export your creations to live or any other DAW :(
Ableton Note is simple, easy to use, flexible and integrates beautifully with Live 11

Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:48 am
Drambo is one of the best apps out there but, you can’t export your creations to live or any other DAW :(
Ableton Note is simple, easy to use, flexible and integrates beautifully with Live 11
You can use Drambo inside Garageband and Logic... I haven't tried but I read there is still some bugginess.

This app seems pretty cool, I hope it's available for Android soon. I have a Pixel and while it has the Pocket Operator app by Teenage Engineering (which is also cool), this makes me want an iPhone to try it out.

pdxindy wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:49 am
Atlatnesiti wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:48 am
You can use Drambo inside Garageband and Logic... I haven't tried but I read there is still some bugginess.
Tricky on a PC…
I am just hoping they make Note AU3 so that I can use it in AUM as that’s my main iOS workflow…sampling from AUM into Note (and then exporting to Live) seems like decent workflow.

It's years behind the capabilities of FL Studio Mobile, but knowing how fast Ableton has evolved these years, I'm certain they will catch up fast.

What's with the terms of service?

I'm seeing people say that Ableton reserves the right to publish and distribute anything in your cloud account, or something along those lines. :?

Here's the wording:

"You grant Ableton (and its Authorized Third-Parties) a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable and sublicensable, license to use, store, distribute, copy, modify, adapt, transform, reproduce, host, perform, display and communicate Your Sets including all contents and materials contained in Your Sets, without any compensation or obligation to You."

https://www.ableton.com/en/ableton-clou ... f-service/
Yo Leroy!

So you have to have Live 11.2.5 to use Ableton cloud? *Wants a refund* :roll:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”