Sylenth1 could not be found in FL Studio after update

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I've a problem with loading Sylenth1 in an old project in Fl Studio (x32) where I was using Sylenth v2. I've a x64 laptop.

Since I've updated Sylenth to v3, Sylenth is loading and working well when I'm starting a new project in FL Studio. Only with my old project, I get the message that Sylenth1 can not be found. I've tried a lot of things to fix it, to get the right preset sounds back for the melodies I created. I can replace the missed Sylenth1 in the old project with the working Sylenth1 (v3) but than I have to search through all the +500 banks for the right preset... :roll:

What I tried...
1. Installed Sylenth1 v2 (x64) again and bridged it to my x86 folder, but then FL Studio crashed when I'm loading Sylenth1. I think I was doing the same thing years ago and then Sylenth1 was working...
2. With the newest version of Sylenth I've used the same DLL name as FL Studio is looking for in my old project (Sylenth1.dll) and put it in the folder vstplugins.
3. Installed Sylenth1 v2 (x32) because my FL Studio is also x32. But if load the plugin nothing happens (you only see the wrapper and Sylenth1 is not in the list of my apps on my laptop) so I think the better way is to install it like the first option I tried.

My questions
1. Is there a way to see the location of Sylenth1 v2 in my old project, maybe I've to put the v3 DLL exactly in the same map?
2. Is there a way to see which preset I was using in Sylenth in my old project? Than I can search it in the banks and everything is allright.
3. Is there a way to see which bank I was using? Than it's also easy to find the preset.

Maybe good to know. In Ableton everything is working fine since I've updated Sylenth, old projects where I was using the previous version, Sylenth is still loading (the newest version) with the right presets.

Hope there is a solution to know which presets I was using, to find the right sounds.
Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
Antonie

Hi,

If you're using a 64bit laptop, you should install the 64bit version of FL Studio and use the 64bit version of Sylenth1. It should then load any project saved with any older version (even if saved in fl studio 32 bit with 32bit version of Sylenth v2) with the correct presets.

If you can only use the old 32bit version of FL Studio, make sure to use only the 32bit version of Sylenth1. You must make sure that FL Studio doesn't see the 64bit version as it may try to load that and fail.

Thanks for your fast response.

Since the most of my vst plugins from way back are 32bit, I'm using FL Studio 32bit.
I tried again to load the 32bit version of Sylenth1 v2 in FL, and when I go to wrapper settings and then go back, the plugin shows up :)

But the problem isn't solved yet. When I'm opening my old project FL still says that Sylenth1 could not be found. It can be possible that I was using another skin of Sylenth, but FL is looking for "sylenth.dll" I see in the left-top corner.

I think it has to work with one of the things I tried, but unfortunately... Do you know what I can try more? The only thing that comes to my mind is using jBridge to make a 32bit version of the 64bit Sylenth v3, and put the 32bit DLL in the vstplugins map which is in the program files x86 map. That's the map where I put constantly my DLL files for FL Studio.

Using jbridge makes no sense. Can you please send me the project file and the 32bit Sylenth1.dll file you were using in it? Then I can check what's going on. You can send it via email to support (at) lennardigital.com

Return to “LennarDigital”