DIY ipad/iphone input/output cables?

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone know anything about the pinouts beyond the hard to understand ones online?

Anyone have a tutorial?

Also, here is the potential purposes...

1) some apps are not iaa (interapp audio) or auv3 so there is no easy way to capture the sound. With this you could run out of one ipad into another, or even have outboard effects in between (related to next purpose)

2) to be able to run the ipad through outboard guitar or studio hardware effects, as a send/return, or go into an outboard recorder or box, or capture with another ipad.

I know they nake docking stations that make it possible to do this, but they have extra bells and whistles and cost usually over $200 new. A cable could potentially cost under $30.

Anyone?

It has a headphone socket? That's compatible to stereo line. Use a 3.5mm stereo --> RCA cable.

Inputs is a different matter. If there at all, I suspect it is a simple mono mic combined on the headphone jack, this is standard on phones. Not of much use alas.

I heard you can connect class compliant usb audio interfaces.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

i heard that the output from the headphone jack is different (worse) than the lightning cable, but cannot confirm.
Capitalism is a cancer of the human mind, as with all authoritarianisms. It opulently gluttonizes the selfish and carelessly starves the meek. It consumes Mother Earth and Humanity unhealthily, currently.

anyone?
Capitalism is a cancer of the human mind, as with all authoritarianisms. It opulently gluttonizes the selfish and carelessly starves the meek. It consumes Mother Earth and Humanity unhealthily, currently.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”