data switch >32 outputs

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is somethnig satisfying about a sequencer with just a counter + data switch , sadly it only has 32 outputs .
Is there a way to combine switches to get >32 outputs
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

p.s. I know the boolean table + data table is more suited for these purposes ( build already before ) but it's great to connect data on the fly to the switchés output.
Eyeball exchanging

You can use multiple switches combined with [modulo] and [//] (which is the floor division module) to effectively extend the number of switch outputs.

Rather than having one bank of 32-output switches, you use multiple, and the [modulo 32] module will set the control index for each of these. Meanwhile, the [// 32] will govern to which bank the event is routed. So something like this:

Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Why didn't I think of that
Question ,are you using an older version or are the curved connections making a come back ?
Can't wait for the next beta , still love architect soo much !
Eyeball exchanging

I'm experimenting with different curve algorithms for the next release. I've been through a few, but these are my favourite so far, as it generally makes things easier to follow. (Additionally, you can also create proper straight curves directly, rather then having to create a curve and then manually add nodes.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I am having some issues here , it works but only after the third run
It triggers the the first 1-32 switch switch twice , where it should trigger the second one .
The right most output of the metro is a counter , steps 64 , the floor division //32 is used to select the appropraite switch .
The module wraps the the counter is series of 1-32 , all is good in the console
P.s. using vst to trigger notes
Here's the file

EDIT : solved , it was just a matter of placing the floor div. module a bit higher , iow order of execution ..som ehow I always happens all the time :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eyeball exchanging

colin@loomer wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:15 pm You can use multiple switches combined with [modulo] and [//] (which is the floor division module) to effectively extend the number of switch outputs.

Rather than having one bank of 32-output switches, you use multiple, and the [modulo 32] module will set the control index for each of these. Meanwhile, the [// 32] will govern to which bank the event is routed. So something like this:

Hmm . I am doing things slightly different but it works
The modulo wraps around 8 , and goes into the value input of a switch (renamed router ) .
The floor division direct the router's output to each separate sequencer (the other 4 switches ) ,s both value and control input

Eyeball exchanging

Return to “Loomer”