Recommended safe value for oversampling?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I had constant crashes with multiple instances of Sylenth and 16x oversampling and when exporting.
In the crash dump it said "Heap corruption".
Lennard already recommended deleting the settings and reinstalling Sylenth (which then also resets oversampling to "1").

My question: what is a safe max value for oversampling and is the problem already under observation for a possible fix?

work backwards... don't forget that Sylenth1 oversamples by default.
I'm at 2x (which is actually 4x) and render at 4x... at 48kHz it sounds great, i haven't bothered to go over that, nor had any render issues. yet :P

my question would be - over what oversample rate is the difference not really noticeable vs generating extra cpu cycles?

also, what benefits? just the oscillators? or the modulation also? envelopes?
do the FX oversample?
Last edited by sqigls on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

I also use 2x. As sqigls wrote, Sylenth1 is already 4x oversampled when you set the configurable oversampling to 1x, IIRC.

Edit: See here: viewtopic.php?p=8019713&hilit=oversampling#p8019713

Aah, ok! Then 2x should be more than enough. Thanks guys!

Hi,

There's a bug in Sylenth1 v3.067 that can cause a crash in some cases when you use a different value for oversampling for rendering and playback. To work around it just make sure to set the oversampling values of render and realtime to the same value. To do so, click MENU -> Open Data Folder in Sylenth1, browse to Config and open the Settings.xml file with a text editor. Then set the oversampling values in the line below:

<Oversampling realtime="1" render="1"/>

Save the file and restart Sylenth1. That should fix the problem for now.
We're working on a solution so that it will fix it for all oversampling options.

*Edit* This is already fixed in v3.07x

Return to “LennarDigital”