Shreddage 3 FX help and lack of upgrade guide

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Shreddage 3 Stratus

So it’s been my first time using Shreddage 3 after switching from it’s predecessor. One of the major differences I noticed was not only the keyswitches where it was initially but it’s also how the guitar sound effects are entirely different. Mainly comprised of more effects than a simple slide that I’d love to have in my tracks. Does anybody have any ideas on how they’d build their own guitar effects from what’s available in the engine?

Also, I can’t really find an upgrade guide when transitioning from Shreddage 2 to Shreddage 3 in terms of how you can transition with your existing project, which is very off putting for me. Does anybody have one already made by any chance?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure what you mean by effects... do you mean effects like pedals, amps, etc? Or something else? Maybe you can post a clip from Shreddage 2 so I can get an idea of what you mean.

S3 is a completely new engine so there is no easy way to make it a drop-in replacement for S2, but then again, it's also a separate product so it has no effect on your previous projects. Your S2 tracks can remain the same - you will be able to redownload S2 forever so you'll never break compatibility with previous projects.

That being said, the default settings of the S3 version of any given guitar are matched pretty closely to the latest S2 version in terms of mapping, mute tightness, etc.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Return to “Impact Soundworks”