Shreddage 3 - Palm Mute Fret Range

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I have S3 Jupiter and mainly program in "MIDI Guitar Mode". There is a limitation in the fret range of the Palm Mutes, it is only available from Open to the 12th fret.

I would like to ask if S3 Hydra has Palm Mute samples for frets 13 to 24 in MIDI Guitar Mode?

I am thinking of purchasing Hydra, but only if it has Palm Mute samples for all of the frets.

I favor programming in "MIDI Guitar Mode" because I like to have control over the tone of a note by being able to select the string and also control over the voicings for a chord. Having access to all articulations on all the notes on all the strings is certainly helpful in my scenario. For the most part, not having palm mutes on the higher frets is not a huge deal but it does limit creativity.

Not really the focus of my post, but some more information about the "MIDI Guitar Mode" in Shreddage 3 products is most certainly welcome. There is practically little to no information about it anywhere, even from official channels. Especially how it affects the other features in the package (or how it is affected).
"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" - Abraham Maslow

Hydra does have all 24 frets sampled for palm mutes. Jupiter only had 12 frets sampled. MIDI Guitar Mode doesn't play into this - this is just a different note input method. If you enable the info pane in Kontakt (press F9 in standalone, or use the Workspace menu in top right of Kontakt's interface), you can see help text for each parameter when hovering the mouse cursor above the parameter.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the reply.
"When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" - Abraham Maslow

Return to “Impact Soundworks”