Arturia Software Center ignores disabled silent install

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have disabled silent install in ASC but the latest version for Windows (updated today, April 13 2022) ignores that setting.
When I installed the new Augmented Strings Intro it installed silently anyway, cluttering my desktop with the standalone which I don't need.

Arturia, can you please fix this?

Hello!

Ok, issue reproduced and reported to dev team, thanks. We will fix this as soon as possible. ;)

All the best,
Arnaud

You could also make silent installs configurable. Usually I never want to install AAX and standalone for example… On the other hand, if there are a lot of updates to install, the silent install is indispensable… Could also be one question for the first to install plugin…

Still broken in the new ASC that was released today. :(

Edit: It is actually a bit of a mess now. Some plugins install silently and some don't.

Edit 2: OK, I figured out what ASC is doing. Plugins that were installed silently before are still installed silently now, even though I have that option disabled in ASC.
So when plugins are updated they are "remembering" how they were installed the previous time. New plugins that have never been installed before and plugins that were installed non-silently are correctly displaying the setup options.

However, already installed plugins which are being updated should always honor the ASC setting for this.

Now that the whole V Collection 9 installation is done I can report that only Analog Lab V and Augmented Strings are refusing to disable silent install. I even uninstalled them completely and then reinstalled, but they keep installing silently.

Return to “Arturia”