Augmented STRINGS Intro

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WOW, just wow!

Managed to finally install it! Blown away by the lush sound scapes with so many possibilities.

Can't wait to see what the full version can do.

Thank you Arturia for the present...

Lots more on it here: viewtopic.php?p=8405859#p8405859
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just had a play with the standalone version - not tried the VSTi yet. I get random jumps in volume from "normal" to "full overload distorted" and back again when playing the presets - and it will do it across different presets too. Very strange. Painful enough through my headphones - I am not putting this through my speakers for the time being! :)

Maybe this will get an update or 2 but it seems a bit too buggy for me to use at the moment. W10, AMD Ryzen, 32gbs RAM, Focusrite Scarlett ASIO and playing through a Keylab 61.

Flip64 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:48 pm Maybe this will get an update or 2 but it seems a bit too buggy for me to use at the moment. W10, AMD Ryzen, 32gbs RAM, Focusrite Scarlett ASIO and playing through a Keylab 61.
Not experiencing that issue, is your controller sending erroneous CC messages? I had that happen with a Keylab 49, it was sending random pitchbend info making it virtually unusable.

seagate2019 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:34 pm
Flip64 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:48 pm Maybe this will get an update or 2 but it seems a bit too buggy for me to use at the moment. W10, AMD Ryzen, 32gbs RAM, Focusrite Scarlett ASIO and playing through a Keylab 61.
Not experiencing that issue, is your controller sending erroneous CC messages? I had that happen with a Keylab 49, it was sending random pitchbend info making it virtually unusable.
Oh really? Interesting. God knows. Not sure how to even check for erroneous CC messages but will have a look, ta. I also have an M Audio mini controller - will see if the problem duplicates with that first then, thanks.

You'd think the last thing to clash with an Arturia instrument would be an Arturia controller... :hihi:

Nope, definitely the standalone app at least. It did the mad, random volume increase with the M-Audio too. Ah well. I'll wait for an update; not something I can use at the moment. Nice sounding instrument though.

Oh really? Interesting. God knows. Not sure how to even check for erroneous CC messages but will have a look, ta.
There are apps out there that will monitor midi messages. I use MIDI Monitor, but that's a Mac app...
You'd think the last thing to clash with an Arturia instrument would be an Arturia controller... :hihi:
For me it was a system wide thing not just a specific instrument, faulty controller.

Flip64 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:48 pm Just had a play with the standalone version - not tried the VSTi yet. I get random jumps in volume from "normal" to "full overload distorted" and back again when playing the presets - and it will do it across different presets too. Very strange. Painful enough through my headphones - I am not putting this through my speakers for the time being! :)

Maybe this will get an update or 2 but it seems a bit too buggy for me to use at the moment. W10, AMD Ryzen, 32gbs RAM, Focusrite Scarlett ASIO and playing through a Keylab 61.
Hi Flip64. I'm Julien from Arturia QA Team. I'm sorry to hear that you have such a problem. If it is not already done can you contact our support team please ? We will investigate on your issue.
You can contact the support on our website with your Arturia account.

All the best,
Julien

I appreciate the gift from Arturia, but on my PC it is impossible to use, the resource consumption is excessive. I don't even want to imagine the full version.

Same poor performance issues here with an old win10 Quad core 3.0ghz, 8 gig ram, fast SSD.

Most preset just glitch, there are a few that play well though.

I haven't uninstalled yet hoping for updates.

Julien_Arturia wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:33 am
Flip64 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:48 pm Just had a play with the standalone version - not tried the VSTi yet. I get random jumps in volume from "normal" to "full overload distorted" and back again when playing the presets - and it will do it across different presets too. Very strange. Painful enough through my headphones - I am not putting this through my speakers for the time being! :)

Hi Flip64. I'm Julien from Arturia QA Team. I'm sorry to hear that you have such a problem. If it is not already done can you contact our support team please ? We will investigate on your issue.

All the best,
Julien
Hi Julien

I hadn't contacted Support no - I've been trying to get a problem with my Keylab Pro 61 resolved with the retailer. They've now accepted it needs to be returned for investigation so I'll report this next, thanks.

Flip64 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:52 pm
Julien_Arturia wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:33 am

All the best,
Julien
Hi Julien

I hadn't contacted Support no - I've been trying to get a problem with my Keylab Pro 61 resolved with the retailer. They've now accepted it needs to be returned for investigation so I'll report this next, thanks.
Hi Flip64,
Thanks for your feedback. Don't hesitate to give us an update on this subject in order to know if your issue is solved or not.

Have a good day,
Julien

seagate2019 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:19 pm
Oh really? Interesting. God knows. Not sure how to even check for erroneous CC messages but will have a look, ta.
There are apps out there that will monitor midi messages. I use MIDI Monitor, but that's a Mac app...
For me it was a system wide thing not just a specific instrument, faulty controller.
Yeah, it turns out - separate from my Augmented Strings issue, the Keylab IS sending out cc messages constantly and editing patches in various ways without any input from me apart from playing...tried a reset, its now being sent back to the retailer tomorrow. Hopefully just get it replaced, its a nice controller otherwise.

Julien_Arturia wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:11 am
Hi Flip64,
Thanks for your feedback. Don't hesitate to give us an update on this subject in order to know if your issue is solved or not.

Have a good day,
Julien
I will do, thanks. Of course, today - when I try to replicate the fault, it is behaving itself...! :lol:

I'm in touch with Léo at Arturia so will keep him updated (and here).

Just to update - it's the Keylab II that's shooting out tons of midi messages causing the problem. Guillaume on Support is trying to help me resolve. So Augmented Strings isn't the issue after all.

Return to “Arturia”