Architect: how to block MIDI signals for a fixed period of time.

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello all. Just starting with Architect and loving it. Here's a real noob question for anyone:

How can I block MIDI signals for a fixed period of time after a signal event? Happy for a modules or Lua Script solution.

Do you mean period of time as in clock time (i.e., seconds); or period of time as in a number of beats? (I'm hoping you say the latter as it's the easier thing to do, but I'm happy to help either way!)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

I was thinking clock time, number of ticks. Although that might not be the best solution to what I'm doing anyway.

I'm fiddling around with the MIDI Delay, using Architect as a plugin, and getting glitches when stopping and restarting the transport in Logic, as noteOff signals are still working through the system (if that makes sense!) So I just wanted to find a way to stop any signals continuing to come through after the transport stops. Although, I guess it would be handy to have immediate noteOff signals so nothing hangs either. Have already discovered that Logic and Kontakt instruments react differently to noteOff messages anyway, which is proving interesting to deal with!

Hello again. I think I just need to press the panic button every time I stop the transport. Is there any way to force reset on transport stop? Or is this likely to be a bad idea?!

Maybe you could try connecting an [on stop] module to a [flush], and routing all your MIDI through the [flush] module before it goes to the output? This will automatically send matching note offs to every lingering note on.

Currently, there is no way to programmatically "panic" (but it's a good idea for a module so I will get that added.)
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

Thanks for the help. Glad the post sparked a useful idea for an addition!

Return to “Loomer”