Drum computer - development ideas

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Mute and solo to affect midi
Has it ocurred to you how great DC would be for live jamming live if mutes and soloes affected midi rather than audio? So much more natural any transitions, especially apparent with kick drum.
This could be switched in settings or, better, done with ctrl+clicks.

2. Change midi pattern while retaining the sounds.
Again, a ctrl-click on the arrows or on a pattern name in the drop-down menu could do it this way.

3. Global "ghost notes" toggle on/off.
Randomisation is a great way to add variety to music, but itself may feel robotic even more, so you need to randomise or better, control it from a 'higher level'.

There are some eighths, sixteenths, bars, or even parts of the song where you might want only the core notes to play. As one example, ends of bars you want to be different (thus, all the randomised/ghost notes to play according to their patterns), while you might want beginnings of quarters to be free of any random stuff.

To achieve this, you would either need to automate randomisations, or switch between patterns, but that's a hell of clicking and messing around with half-made patterns - or you could have this ghost symbol lit up (default) or not next to "make kit" for ghost notes.

I think this is where DAWs are destined to go anyway, so the musician will end up having an 'intensity' fader or else some extra hits will feel misplaced (until he learns to play at last).

I'd like an inbuilt delay of some kind.

I know I can route each machine out and give it a delay but I'd gladly swap the room reverb for a delay.

Swing and Humanize per track.

Global EQ on the output.

Also it feels like most of the level on the faders occurs in the bottom third. I'd prefer linear.

Absolutely love this thing though.

An amazing feature of Axon is that you can send any drum sound to an "FM" buss. Then each drum can "receive" a percentage of that FM buss. This allows very interesting cross modulations in rhythm. I'd like to see that added to the FM capabilities.

100%, I love this drum machine and Sugar Bytes.

I would like skin options as I get tired of looking at it after 5 hours straight

I would love it if Sugar Bytes were able to reduce the CPU usage of Drum Computer on iOS. It is almost unusable on that platform at the moment. You have to hide the UI to stop the crackling.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”