Shreddage 3 Hydra - Palm Mutes Not Sustaining?

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has bothered me since the day I got Shreddage 3, but I have no idea why it happens. I can't figure it out. There's also a bug with how notes are transfered in MIDI (In FL Studio specifically) where it removes notes in a chord and either places some or just one of them. Which is fixed by placing the notes again, which seems to line it up even though it already was.

The main issue is palm mutes not sustaining.

I would add a video or audio clip, but this forum doesn't allow it for some reason, so, I guess there's no way to provide an example? I have a video ready, says it won't accept MP4.

Upload the video to youtube or somewhere then post the link here?

https://youtu.be/5UWmgcipp4k

The chord highlighted there (In red) is not sustaining. Other notes do sustain, but they stop part way through like this one.

As you go up the neck, and with higher pitches, mutes will not sustain as long. Simply increase the velocity of those notes bit by bit until it has the length you want. We recorded 5 lengths of palm mutes!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:49 pm As you go up the neck, and with higher pitches, mutes will not sustain as long. Simply increase the velocity of those notes bit by bit until it has the length you want. We recorded 5 lengths of palm mutes!
This sort of works, thanks. But it's really inconsistent with the velocity

What do you mean by inconsistent?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:49 pm What do you mean by inconsistent?
The velocity for each palm mute is not consistent. For example, if I set it to, 1, as it is in my video, it sounds normal, for those notes at least. Sounds like a palm mute sustain. Where I've corrected it on the chord that had the sustain issue, setting it at 5, it is the same length as the 1 now. Whereas if I put that chord back to 1 where it once was, it doesn't have the same sustain.

To sum it up, the cut offs for the palm mute sustains are really odd for each velocity. Having said that, I've also had bugs with the pitch where if there's a pitch offset, notes will randomly stop sustaining (With no latches or anything).

I can't get hydra to palm mute at all. There isn't an option for it. I can get all kinds of other articulations but there simply isn't one for Palm muting. What am I missing here?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”