justin3am's ZOIA Euroburo banana conversion

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I replaced most of the 3.5mm jacks on my ZOIA Euroburo module, to make it slightly easier to interface with my Serge modular and other synths that use banana jacks. Sure there are adapter boxes and format tumbler modules but... well it sounded like a good idea at the time! :lol:

Since the 3.5mm jacks are all mounted with their circuit boards perpendicular to the panel, replacing the jacks was easy, since I didn't need to drill through the circuit boards. I just needed to desolder the existing jacks.

Here are some images of the tear down process.

I took a lot of care to leave the original jacks intact, so I can convert it back, if I ever want to do that. A good solder sucker and some wick made it pretty easy.

After expanding the jack holes with a stepped drill bit, I installed the banana jacks.

All done! The plug on the back of the enclosure is for ground.

:tu:
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

heh, I think you may have voided the warranty. Anyway, super cool, what kind of cpu did you
see in there? out of curiosity. Blackfin?

-Cheers

I think most warranties are void just by virtue of a device being in proximity to me. :hihi: I contacted Empress to find out if I could purchase a replacement faceplate, just in case of a catastrophic accident. As I suspected, they only order enough to manufacture units for sale. I had already convinced myself to proceed, so that just meant I had to be really extra careful. :lol:

Yeah, there is a Blackfin DSP and some other micro for the display and button grid.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”