Synthedit: How do I detect a MIDI note, and remember it?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I'm getting my feet wet in synthedit, so if anyone knowledgeable can help me, what is setup thus thus far is this:

Image (http://imageshack.us)

I manually select a channel and note, and when I hit that midi note, it passes through.

What I want to do is have an option that, when clicked, will detect when a midi note gets played, then have the channel and note boxes automatically switch to the detected note. Is there a way to do this?

:help:

Unfortunatly there is no way to do this due to that the listboxes have only outputs, you'd need an input in the listbox to do this. I agree that it would be cool if you could do this, but at the moment, with the current listboxes you fall short. However, there are a new module in the latest beta called Monitor that shows the midi data. Dunno if this helps you. Also take a look at Dave Haupt's subcontrol pack. There is an index extractor in one of the packages that extracts the current selected item. I'm gonna take a look and see if I can find any way around this, but first I need to know where you got the MIDI filter from, is it included in SE from start or is this a module you can download from anyone?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

I believe the MIDI filter is a standard Synthedit module.

If it is not possible to have it recognize a midi channel/note and change the listboxes, what about making its own boxes that will recognize the next midi input note and channel, display it (like the midi monitor does) and assigns that one note and channel to the midi filter, overriding the userselectable listboxes?

I was thinking triggering the change with a Manual/Auto button. In manual mode, a user changes the listboxes - in auto mode, a different box comes up that recognizes the next midi note hit, displays it, and assigns it to the midi filter.

Hopefully this makes sense (and is achievable) :scared:

I will take a look at it, but as usual I can't prommis anything.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

StepOne, i suggest you to join the "official list" on yahoogroups
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/syntheditusers/
You will certainly find some tips about your problem but check David Haupt pages
for the best midi modules availables.

I agree. That is where you gotta start.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

StepOne wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:08 am I'm getting my feet wet in synthedit, so if anyone knowledgeable can help me, what is setup thus thus far is this:

I manually select a channel and note, and when I hit that midi note, it passes through.

What I want to do is have an option that, when clicked, will detect when a midi note gets played, then have the channel and note boxes automatically switch to the detected note. Is there a way to do this?

:help:
Yes, there is. Are you still interested?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”