Important Noise from ES-6 !!!

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I have the modules ES-3 and ES-6.
ES-6 is connected to ES-3 in a right way (cf picture)
ES-3 and ES-6 are connected both to my soundcard.

When I do my tests with ES-3, everything works perfectly (I generate digital audio signals like envelope, LFO... from MaxMSP, these one control some modules perfectly).

However, when I do my tests with ES-6, I have a very important noise that enters in my soundcard (all ADAT channels). Nothings is patched on the ES-6. When I patch something, nothing change. When I change the preferences of my soundcard, nothing change (preferred Sync ref).

I make a short video (17 sec) to show you my problem :
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/830 ... _noise.MOV

So, what happens ?
Please, I need your help.

Thank you,
Best,
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

More informations :

If ES-6 is connected to my soundcard and I disconnect ES-3 of my soundcard, the noise begin less important, but still here....

Best,
Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The Clock Mode on the RME panel should be set to Master.

I note that your ES-3 is right next to the PSU in your case. It would be good to try moving it further away, in case noise from the PSU is affecting the ES-3/6 connection.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. It works better :-)
The noise has disappeared and I can get any CV signals (envelope, LFO...) from my modular to MaxMSP.

However, there's still a strange thing : I've an important residual signal that enters in the ADAT channels of my soundcard (cf image file). Case which I don't sent CV signal in the ES-6.

Is it normal ? How to remove this residual signal ?

Best regards,
Alex

That is the DC offset on the ES-6 inputs. It's expected.

For audio signals, you can remove it with a high-pass filter, or dedicated DC-blocking plug-in.

Thank you,
I'm not going to use ES-6 with sound signal but envelope, LFO signal... to control various parameters in MaxMSP.
Do you know how to block this DC offset in MaxMSP ?
Alex

It's a constant, so you can just subtract it with a simple maths operation in max.

I'm going to try...
Thank you,
Best,
Alex

@os: In which range must the DC offset be tolerated, and when is it a defect? The signals of my ES-6 have offsets between -68 dB and -40 dB.

The DC offset could be anything. If you're using the inputs for audio, use Live's Utility's DC blocker.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”