How to adjust tremolo speed in Evolution Mandolin

Official support for: orangetreesamples.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The default tremolo speed is too slow. How can I speed it up?
When I go into Edit mode I see Tremolo and Tremolo2, which makes me believe there are two tremolos available, but I see no values in the edit window to adjust. Is there a tutorial/guide that goes thru how to change the existing tremolo?
Also, this piece calls for 2 different tremolo speeds. Is there a keyswitch that lets me change tremolo speed on the fly? Alternatively, I can use two tracks, one for each tremolo speed, but I still don't know how to change the default speed.

Thanks!

If you need more control over the tremolos, especially the tremolo speed and dynamic in realtime, I would recommend holding the note down in the main playing range and using the strum down/upstroke keys to emulate tremolo instead. That's the approach I used in this audio demo for our Bluegrass Banjo library at about 1:14 in.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

Hi Greg, I am not using a keyboard. It may sound weird, but I actually play the mandolin. My "tracking" room has lousy sound-proofing so I've found it faster and easier to use Melodyne to convert my recorded mandolin audio to MIDI as opposed to 1) waiting for a quiet moment, and 2) using RX8 to remove noise without getting phasey/watery artifacts. The MIDI captures my dynamics and timing, but I still have to edit back in the hammer-ons, pull-offs, and fret position, which is tedious but easy. I'm finding Melodyne can't properly decode tremolos and drops most of the notes. So I'm trying to find alternatives. Are you saying I can "make my own tremolos" by placing the MIDI stroke up/down keys in the MIDI piano roll of my DAW? I then adjust both timing and dynamics with the stroke keys and the note(s) with the "right hand" key? I can tremolo chords (double-stops) as well? Using the built-in tremolo scripts don't work so well on manually entered chords because it treats each note independently. There is no synchronization between the different notes, resulting in "many tremolos" all happening at the same time. A real mess. I'll have to try this out. But since I have no keyboard, I'll have to watch the videos carefully to see if I can figure out which notes are the stroke keys. I don't believe they're in the manual. I had to do the same with the chop chord noises. Thanks for the idea!

OK, I think this will work well for me. Thanks!

I tried using the strum up/down keys but it seems to result in a "machine gun" effect more than a tremolo. Not sure how to explain it. I'll still be messing with it some, but so far not liking what I'm hearing. I may have to go back to the stock tremolo (which sounds great) and work around the fixed speed. Just wanted to report in on my findings so far.

Return to “Orange Tree Samples”