B5 V3. Need help with cc mapping issues

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using iMac / standalone UVI / one single USB cable to Nord Stage 3 Compact. Using Nord's 'extern section' as controller for B5 V3.
- Nord 'extern panel A' is set to Midi channel 15, panel B set to 16. - B5 V3 Upper manual set to Midi Ch 15, Lower manual to 16 . Bass pedal not used.
-This setup works in so far as the Nord's keybed is concerned, ie p B5 is sounding when keybed is depressed.

Problem is with the cc mapping -

- First, the pre-mapped ' Nord Stage " from the B5 mapping window doesn't work, even when both Nord and Upper manual on B5 are set to midi channel 15.
- Then when I opted to creating my own mapping by using the LEARN function, they do not respond at all to the controllers being moved. The exception being the LEARN icon for the SWELL PEDAL.
When I move the SWELL PEDAL, the cc number on the highlighted white dot reacts, greys out, and changes to the Nord's swell pedal cc number.
- All other LEARN functions do not respond or change at all, with the white dot remaining, eg after moving the desired drawbar/s, Leslie rotation etc.
-This wasn't always the case. The first day I mounted B5 V3, if I remember correctly.....the drawbars, Leslie speed all changed cc numbers when activated with the LEARN function.

Am I missing something here ... I have already tried reloading B5 version 3 again, no luck !

If it does not respond to the MIDI learn, then it means it's not transmitted to the plugin.
The learn function is set to respond to any incoming MIDI which is why it works fine for the swell pedal.

Also the default mapping for the Nord Stage is supposed to be on the default channel 1 as well, and it overrides the items that are visible in the MIDI panel.

So basically make sure that in your sequencer, nothing is filtering these MIDI events, you can also check if this works in standalone as it should remove any external filtering.

Thankyou very much for the input , I will try after the holidays .

Return to “AcousticsampleS”