Winter Project, rebuild computer for my studio

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's looking like I might be spending a lot of time indoors, I also might have a little extra cash and will be in need of a project. My last two machines have been built by PC AudioLabs but one good friend here has reminded me several times that I can build my own. I have two nice cases (tower, quiet), I got HD's but I will want to think about or eventually move to solidstate...I will have questions...lots of questions :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Ooh, keep us posted! My workstation has been going 8 years now so have also been wondering about this.

Last time I looked, the "in thing" is M.2 drives which mount directly on a modern motherboard. I'd suggest using one of those for your OS/Software installation, and then you've still got the HDD bays of your case for some chunky sample/project/video storage drives.

Sounds like a fun project. I had the opportunity to build a PC for a friend recently, and since it's been about 15 years since I had a lot to catch up on. I'm certainly no expert on the subject. I know that there are a lot of folks here with more current experience than I do, lol.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”