Free 220 page, 41k word guide on How to Make a Home Recording Studio - no catch

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Quite a few people have ask me how I made my recording studio so I put together a guide. I've moved a lot of times over the years and I've made quite a few home studios. This is my present studio in Hollywood that I designed and built myself.

The photo below is my last recording studio in Australia which also had a live tracking room. I made this a long time ago so a lot of the gear is older.

My new studio is more setup for recording and producing vocalists and doing beat-making, electronic music production, mixing and mastering.

Anyway, I've written a massive guide that goes over everything from soundproofing, to acoustics, design, layout, lighting, desk contruction, gear selection and so on. There are no affilate links or paid reviews or anything. All the other guides online were bullsh*t like that so I decided to make something actually good and useful.

I was going to make it into an eBook but I decided to put it on my website for free. It's 220 pages and 41k words long in a book format but it's not just one gigantic webpage.

You can check it out here: How to Make a Home Recording Studio

Even if you have a home studio, it's likely you'll find something useful in there to help improve your home recording studio.

I'm also looking to feature other home studios on the page. You can see a bunch of cool home studio photos on the guide. If you've designed a cool home studio and would like it featured in the guide, leave a link to it in the comments below the guide or on here and I might feature it and add it to the guide.

I posted this on Reddit and people thought it was spam. People on Reddit can be crazy lol. I know most home studio guides are spam and why people might think that, that's why I made a proper one. I want to make it clear, there are no affiliate links, no paid reviews and I'm not making any money of the guide at all. It's literally just a free resource. The only thing in it for me is to help build my reputation as an educator/teacher. I think people here on KVR will like it.

I hope you find it useful. You'll probably want to bookmark it. It's super long and detailed but in a good way. I added a navigation section so you can navigate to whatever chapter you want.

If you have any questions about it you can leave a comment at the bottom of the guide itself or on here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks.

Next time you take pictures, maybe switch on the lights so we can see walls 'n stuff instead of a dark neon-lit cave.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:44 pm Next time you take pictures, maybe switch on the lights so we can see walls 'n stuff instead of a dark neon-lit cave.
The lights are on. The walls are dark grey in the first two photos and flat black in the last.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”