B5 Lower Rotor speed?

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.. new B5 user. I think I'm missing something here, as all of the presets have the upper and lower rotors accelerate and decelerate at the same speeds.. Not how a real Leslie works (specifically the lower one).

Been reading some of the other threads here about not being able to save different organ models, etc per-preset.. I get that with the load times of IR's and Samples.. wish there was a way around it ;)

thanks for any perspective on the rotors!

DG
Dave Gross
HelldogMusic.com

Hi Dave,
I have a feeling that i answered you through a freidn of yours already, but i guess this information can be useful to other people as well.
In the Leslie panel, you can control many parameters and by default they are linked for the Horn and Drum, but if you click on the "sync" icon at the top next to the horn and drum menu selector, it will turn grey and you will be abel to edit all of the parameters independantly, including microphone position angle, acceleration, speed, etc...

Also regarding the presets, the preset panel (when you click on preset on the main interface) gives you a list of the drawbar presets, these only change the drawbars and you can add/edit that list. You can also save "General presets" that will save everything except the organ model because browsing through them would take time and freeze the interface as it involves unloading and reloading samples (which many users don't really like as they want to browse quickly).
If you want to save everything, you can simply click on the top menu and select "save multi" and then reload it later. Everything will be saved.
I agree though that it's not the most straight forward approach, so i'll try to find a better way to handle that in the next version.

Indeed!! Thank you very much. Our friend should have sent you some screenshots I took after spending a bunch of time trying to duplicate the Leslie speeds from my '57 B3. I have a 245 Leslie with a 122 amp (rotors on the middle position). Did a bunch of timing tests and got it as close as I could. Of course I didn't save the damn screenshots, and didn't save it as a 'General Preset' because I didn't RTFM. So hopefully he can share. I do really like the sound of this product, and especially after diving in under the hood. There's some very cool details to pay attention to (especially the bus bar contacts!!). I look forward to future updates and certainly will find a creative use for it!
Dave Gross
HelldogMusic.com

He sent an email during the weekend and i answered only like an hour ago ;)
In the screenshot he sent, it looks like you still have the sync button on (at the top right), so the horn and drum settings are all the same, i just wanted to make sure that you saw it, because this offer much more tweaking possibilities. We did not enabled by default on beta user request, because they thought it wasn't clear both could be edited separately... i Guess there is still some work to do on that...
On that subject, i am preparing a small survey that i'll send to the B-5 users, so you will be able to send your requests ;) Of course not everything will be implemented, but the good ideas that are feasible will be ;)

AHH OK. I'll make sure he sends you my email.. Would be great to start up a conversation that way!
Dave Gross
HelldogMusic.com

If you purchased it through our website, this means you have an account, so you will get the email containing the survey.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”