Freestyle - graphics bug (OS X)

Official support for: newsonicarts.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've only recently had a chance to try to get started on using it. But there is a pretty crippling graphics bug on my main machine, which is a 2018 Mac Mini with an eGPU running the latest Mojave (10.14.6) on an LG 4K monitor.

Trying to adjust any knob in the main Freestyle window (such as a macro knob or the interface on an NSA instrument) sends the mouse cursor a full window's distance vertically downwards and zeros the knob out. The offset with the macro knob, for example, from the bottom of the window when the cursor reappears (after moving the trackpad position slightly) is about the same as the distance from the top edge of the macro to where it was sitting on the knob before it got teleported. The behaviour was in 1.4003 but I just installed the beta and it worked out more or less the same. It's the same behaviour in Logic and as standalone.

Some controls work. Horizontal bars for key splits are OK. Drawing on a Nuance table, that's OK. Round knobs (and a couple of other types)? Energise the transporter, Scotty.

Entertaining though this game of chase-the-cursor is, it makes Freestyle more or less impossible to use.

Ok standby for reply..

Setup -> UI and disable 'Relative Mouse'.

That works. Thanks.

Return to “New Sonic Arts”