Tracktion Universe 2020

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there a firm release date yet? I haven't been able to find it.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I believe I saw on one of the other threads that there will be a beta in February, but I haven't seen an official release date for the final version yet.

fde101 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:05 pm I believe I saw on one of the other threads that there will be a beta in February, but I haven't seen an official release date for the final version yet.
Thanks.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

fde101 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:05 pm I believe I saw on one of the other threads that there will be a beta in February, but I haven't seen an official release date for the final version yet.
Woody said late February release date in one of the videos.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Since the Midi 2.0 spec has been released, and I've read a post about it on Juce, I'm wondering if there'll be any updates or changes related to Midi 2.0 in Waveform 11. Either hardware or software based.

In case anyone missed the email, Waveform 11 will be released this month, and you can get a discounted upgrade. This is the text of the email:

WAVEFORM PRO Pre-Order

Get ready, Waveform Pro is coming soon! Pre-order your upgrade today and SAVE 30% off the regular pricing.

You will be first in line to download when Waveform Pro launches later in February.
You have the option to download early access betas.

Upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11)
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 10 for $49 (normally $69) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 9 for $59 (normally $89) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 8 for $79 (normally $109) » Upgrade Now

All Waveform 10 orders since Jan 1, 2020 will receive a free upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11).

What's New In Waveform

Cutting edge contemporary DAW designed for musicians.
Improved UI/UX with user customizable actions and layouts.
Multi screen and touch screen management.
Inspirational MIDI composition tools.

Take a look at the new Waveform in this hands on video with Woody at NAMM 2020.

I'll be eligible for the free upgrade, since I bought WF 10, a little over a week ago.

I think I'll be running WF 11, side by side to WF 10, as I'm already using 10, along side T7. I ran into a few glitches with WF 10. Half my plugins disappeared from my plugin menu (but not in T7).

Not a glitch probably since Waveform 10 only supports 64 bit plugins and I believe T7 supported 32 bit ones as well.

@GuitarPlayerinNYC glad you got the upgrade !

exponent1 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 pm Not a glitch probably since Waveform 10 only supports 64 bit plugins and I believe T7 supported 32 bit ones as well.
Half my plugins disappearing over-night, I would call that a glitch. EZ Drummer, Tracktion's DAW Essentials, and drum loops, plus a few others. I could see the VSTs in their folders, and rescanning did nothing, and the plugins appeared and worked in T7.

When WF finally recognized Essentials, it picked up the 32 bit plugins, and my menu was doubled in size- both the 32 bit and 64 bit fx plugins were picked up. I didn't point the scan to the 32 bit VST folder. Anyway, it took me over 6 hours to sort things out. My C drive was also scanned (I definitely didn't point the scan to the C drive), and random .dlls were picked up, and ended up in my plugin menu.

I wish the Download Manager was an authorization manager too. I reinstalled Essentials and the Drum Loops, and was playing around with the compressor, but couldn't hear anything, so I dimed out my volume, and nearly had my ears blown out when a THIS IS A DEMO yelled at me. Then, I saw the "locked" button on the UI. I had to reauthorize Essentials and Loops.

Anyway, deleting the waveform.settings file seems to cure a lot of problems, I've discovered. I wrote to support outlining everything I did 3 days ago, but haven't heard back. To say I was pissed, is putting it mildly, especially since I only paid for the program the day before, and I was just starting a project. Maybe coming from demo mode, to unlocked mode caused problems, but it'd be good to know what I did wrong, IF I did anything wrong, so it doesn't happen again.

fedexnman wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:59 pm @GuitarPlayerinNYC glad you got the upgrade !
Thanks! 11 looks really cool, but I haven't really learned 10 (or T2-T7 lol).

Based on some posts I've read, Tracktion may make some allowances for people, depending on when they purchased, and what version they have.

GuitarPlayerinNYC wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:39 pm
exponent1 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:55 pm Not a glitch probably since Waveform 10 only supports 64 bit plugins and I believe T7 supported 32 bit ones as well.
Half my plugins disappearing over-night, I would call that a glitch. EZ Drummer, Tracktion's DAW Essentials, and drum loops, plus a few others. I could see the VSTs in their folders, and rescanning did nothing, and the plugins appeared and worked in T7.

When WF finally recognized Essentials, it picked up the 32 bit plugins, and my menu was doubled in size- both the 32 bit and 64 bit fx plugins were picked up. I didn't point the scan to the 32 bit VST folder. Anyway, it took me over 6 hours to sort things out. My C drive was also scanned (I definitely didn't point the scan to the C drive), and random .dlls were picked up, and ended up in my plugin menu.

I wish the Download Manager was an authorization manager too. I reinstalled Essentials and the Drum Loops, and was playing around with the compressor, but couldn't hear anything, so I dimed out my volume, and nearly had my ears blown out when a THIS IS A DEMO yelled at me. Then, I saw the "locked" button on the UI. I had to reauthorize Essentials and Loops.

Anyway, deleting the waveform.settings file seems to cure a lot of problems, I've discovered. I wrote to support outlining everything I did 3 days ago, but haven't heard back. To say I was pissed, is putting it mildly, especially since I only paid for the program the day before, and I was just starting a project. Maybe coming from demo mode, to unlocked mode caused problems, but it'd be good to know what I did wrong, IF I did anything wrong, so it doesn't happen again.
Unless you are using some sort of bridge such as jBridge, it is impossible that Waveform picked up your 32 bit plugins. When Tracktion became Waveform 8, 32 bit support was dropped. So it is not a glitch, it is expected behaviour.

JohnNoizz wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:25 pm Interesting... I Hope the upgrade for Waveform 11 comes with a nicely discount... :P
So...
GuitarPlayerinNYC wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:51 pm In case anyone missed the email, Waveform 11 will be released this month, and you can get a discounted upgrade. This is the text of the email:

WAVEFORM PRO Pre-Order

Get ready, Waveform Pro is coming soon! Pre-order your upgrade today and SAVE 30% off the regular pricing.

You will be first in line to download when Waveform Pro launches later in February.
You have the option to download early access betas.

Upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11)
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 10 for $49 (normally $69) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 9 for $59 (normally $89) » Upgrade Now
Pre-order Upgrade from Waveform 8 for $79 (normally $109) » Upgrade Now

All Waveform 10 orders since Jan 1, 2020 will receive a free upgrade to Waveform Pro (v11).

What's New In Waveform

Cutting edge contemporary DAW designed for musicians.
Improved UI/UX with user customizable actions and layouts.
Multi screen and touch screen management.
Inspirational MIDI composition tools.

Take a look at the new Waveform in this hands on video with Woody at NAMM 2020.

I'll be eligible for the free upgrade, since I bought WF 10, a little over a week ago.

I think I'll be running WF 11, side by side to WF 10, as I'm already using 10, along side T7. I ran into a few glitches with WF 10. Half my plugins disappeared from my plugin menu (but not in T7).
This was what I was referring to in my previous post, like a "recognition" discount for us, the people who support the DAW for many years
Thanks Tracktion for that! Nice to see this kind of things, you will have my support once again...

courtjestr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:58 am When Tracktion became Waveform 8, 32 bit support was dropped. So it is not a glitch, it is expected behaviour.
Minor point - Waveform 9 was the first to be 64-bit only.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

courtjestr wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:58 am
GuitarPlayerinNYC wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:39 pm

Unless you are using some sort of bridge such as jBridge, it is impossible that Waveform picked up your 32 bit plugins. When Tracktion became Waveform 8, 32 bit support was dropped. So it is not a glitch, it is expected behaviour.
I wouldn't know what jBridge is, if it fell on me.

When I say WF10 "recognized" the 32 bit VSTs, it did to the degree that it appeared alongside the 64 bit VSTs, hence the doubling in size of the plugin menu. I didn't say they worked.

I find few things that are impossible.

Wrong bit versions are rejected when scanned and don't appear in the menu. What you'll have is both VST (.dll) and VST3 (.vst3) versions installed, both 64-bit.

JBridge is software that allows 32-bit plug-ins to run under 64-bit versions of Waveform.

Return to “Tracktion”