Need help with Audioengine P4 speakers

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought the Audioengine P4 speakers a few weeks ago not knowing anything at all about speakers. I then ordered the Focusrite Scarlett Solo as an interface for them. I then realized I need Stranded wire for the speakers so I ordered a 1/4" TS to stranded wire cord on amazon hoping it would work and when I connected them the speakers played extremely quietly. I know nothing about this kind of stuff and just wanted a nice set of speakers to listen to music, youtube and movies etc. Are the things I'm using compatible for each other? If not can someone please point me in the direction of whatever I need to make these work. If these are compatible can someone please help me troubleshoot whatever is wrong with what I did. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks

It's a miracle you hear anything at all.

These speakers are passive. They need to be connected to an amp with heavy gauge speaker cable. Mains power cable will do as well.

So you need an amp inbetween the audio interface and the speakers. Or return them and get some active speakers instead.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”