[Intro pricing extended] Available now: T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm Actually it is more than just IRs
Definitely curious to know what this is - Is it convolution Kernels (a la Acustica Audio's devices) with different responses acting on the input ? That would definitely be more worth it than just static IRs of each room.

mcbpete wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:00 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm Actually it is more than just IRs
Definitely curious to know what this is - Is it convolution Kernels (a la Acustica Audio's devices) with different responses acting on the input ? That would definitely be more worth it than just static IRs of each room.
I seriously doubt that this is anything other than generic IR technology, by the sound of Peter's last comment with an additional algorithmic saturation stage in front, similar to the Arturia Plate reverb (which was free).

If it uses the wild sampling/modelling tech as used in Tape (the mysteriously named 'DSM™ and SCC™ proprietary IK technologies') then I'm in ... however as it hasn't been mentioned I'm wary !

It's a hybrid including analog modeling as mentioned above.

analog modeling of what?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

This product isn't even out yet... am I wrong? How can an opinion be made about audio software that isn't even out yet? only-IRs or not... There are many excellent and expensive IR reverbs out there including those that cost even more than IK's Sunset. Liquidsonics and Audio Ease... Wow... stunning bit of behaviour from the KVR community but not surprising.

Burillo wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm analog modeling of what?
Neve and API, according to Peter's post...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm What's not as clear as I had thought in the available information is this: We also modeled the Sunset Sound preamps (API for studio 1&3 and Neve for studio 2) for use in T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb so it is not "just an IR". Hope that clarifies further..
Nope, that was not clear at all - that's a whole different story then...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:00 pm This product isn't even out yet... am I wrong? How can an opinion be made about audio software that isn't even out yet? only-IRs or not... There are many excellent and expensive IR reverbs out there including those that cost even more than IK's Sunset. Liquidsonics and Audio Ease... Wow... stunning bit of behaviour from the KVR community but not surprising.
As per usual, your ability to read properly leaves a lot to be desired - language barrier perhaps?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm Actually it is more than just IRs (and see below for how even a captured IR can be better or worse depending the way the job is done). What's not as clear as I had thought in the available information is this: We also modeled the Sunset Sound preamps (API for studio 1&3 and Neve for studio 2) for use in T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb so it is not "just an IR". Hope that clarifies further.
So maybe we will see plugin versions of those modeled preamps. Let's hope so.

Sunset Preamps, yay! 8)

CapnLockheed wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:41 am
glokraw wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 pm There are talented hard working musicians, who have zero frame-of-reference
for creating or re-creating 'a sound', let alone a historically significant 'sound',
and by 'sound', I mean the final results of a recording session...
...each customer has their own desires, skillz, and budget.
Cheers
I won't even bother to say what I think about your expertly informed opinions. IRS of MANY of the world's greatest spaces including the the f#cking Taj Mahal are readily available for FREE. Either your a paid shill for IK or a complete tool.

Nothing terribly groundbreaking here and, IMHO, ridiculously overpriced. Of course, that's just my opinion.
An IR of the taj majal, without a professional producer-oriented gui, and without compliments of supporting tools within that gui, is as musically useful
as a photo of said taj majal. I suppose a number of chart-topping tunes
have utilized a taj mahal or similar IR over the years, but not without the
considerable expense of some daw and extra plugins to complete the process.

Many IK products are not intended to be ground-breaking, but intended
to let the customer experience and use historic ground that is far beyond
the means of most forum-dwelling musicians.
A well stocked and expandable virtual amp room, a diverse and expanding set
of mastering tools, a virtual B3 organ collection, bass and drum design systems,
a room full of virtual classic synths, and a wide range of sampled instruments.

I'm probably paid as much for being an ik shill,
as you are for being a disgruntled ik troll.
I'm happy with the IK tools I buy, and hope you like what you buy, as well.
Cheers

kj.metissage wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:29 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm Actually it is more than just IRs (and see below for how even a captured IR can be better or worse depending the way the job is done). What's not as clear as I had thought in the available information is this: We also modeled the Sunset Sound preamps (API for studio 1&3 and Neve for studio 2) for use in T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb so it is not "just an IR". Hope that clarifies further.
So maybe we will see plugin versions of those modeled preamps. Let's hope so.

Sunset Preamps, yay! 8)
Especially since at least one of the consoles is modified...

I think that's the same ISO booth that Edward Van Halen tracked some of his legendary tunes :clap:

plexuss wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:00 pm This product isn't even out yet... am I wrong? How can an opinion be made about audio software that isn't even out yet? only-IRs or not... There are many excellent and expensive IR reverbs out there including those that cost even more than IK's Sunset. Liquidsonics and Audio Ease... Wow... stunning bit of behaviour from the KVR community but not surprising.
As usual, the voice of reason. Thank you plexuss. It's a shame to see juvenile behavior. I think the context is what matters here.

Again, you don't see this behavior on GS with an older crowd of professionals that have real world experience on real equipment working with real artists. They are too busy succeeding in the real world, not some make believe one. Not some keyboard warrior who thinks he's a producer because he's opened Reason or Ableton and made a beat.

It's pretty obvious that some of the people posting on this thread aren't trying to learn about the product but instead trying to make themselves feel important by taking shots at other people on a forum.

Peace!

Hey Guys! I remember some of you. I haven't been on KVR in awhile. Busy making music! But, also working on cool products and this is one of them. Yes, it's much more than just impulse responses, but, as mentioned even that part alone is cool. This is a dedicated software to recreating the ambiences of the studio so there's the sound of the mics they use, the consoles (yes a modified API and vintage Neve... and yes I've personally requested mic pre models to be T-RackS singles on their own so hopefully one day they will!) and also some proprietary aspects to the development that aren't always shared publicly. But, suffice to say that when doing something like this in cooperation with the actual studio there's more done to get the accurate result than you'll get otherwise.

Bottom line is this. If you agree that classic recording studios have "a sound" and you appreciate, as I do, this studio which had so many classic artists and albums recorded there (Beach Boys, Stones, Zeppelin, Doors, Van Halen... years ago I worked on Smashing Pumpkins' Adore album there and actually I think that's one of the first things I talked about on KVR now that I think about it!) then THIS IS GOLD! It is for me! I would love to record and mix at Sunset Sound whenever I want. But, I don't have that kind of budget (even though I'm enjoying doing some of the demos there for this!!!! Getting spoiled!). Having the rooms, echo chambers, plates and spring from this studio in your DAW is just killer, especially if you do any kind of rock or pop music. It's so much more organic than most other digital reverbs. I do have Altiverb and I love that one too. But, this dedicated plug-in goes a bit further to recreate the specific sound of the studio with multiple back and forth to get it just right from the audio to visual side of it (you get a 360 representation of the spaces which was my idea and I'm so glad that's in there!). One of the things I love about IK's developers is that they consider everything about the chain, not just individual components but the whole thing together. This is why Lurssen Mastering Console is so realistic. It's a measurement and model of the whole system, not just the components. A similar approach has been taken here so it sounds as close as possible to how it would sound if you were recording or mixing at the studio.

I'll be doing a bunch of demos soon. There's really nothing to complain about that I can see. It's the final result of what it sounds like and what it can do for your music that matters. Some people book Sunset Sound JUST to run tracks through the real echo chambers and real plates which are rare! Very few studios still have them. So, for $149 intro price to be able to have ALL the chambers, plates, spring and 3 gorgeous live rooms plus even the famous ISO vocal booths (that Janis Joplin and Jim Morrison recorded their vocals in), to me that's a no brainer! I mean, that's why I pushed to have it done in the first place... because I WANT IT! If I want it probably a ton of other musicians, producers and engineers would too. This is a fun product. I already have the beta version and I'm using it on mixes. My new favorite reverb plug-in. Go get the pre-order while the price is lower: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trsunsetsound/

Return to “Effects”