Omnisphere 3 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1 Omnisphere 2

I would like trilian style macro pages for the hardware profiles in Omnisphere. This would be amazing for those of us who don’t own the hardware synths (most people). Would not have to be photo accurate like the real thing, just flat knobs and sliders and buttons in the general arrangement of the hardware synths. Single page. The hardware controls often do many things with a single control like instantiating an effect and editing multiple parameters.

I think the hard part is already done, which is setting up all the signals that have to go into Omni and the way the different controls have to react. The macros would just send whatever signal the hardware control sends. The actual page could be a simple lemur/touch osc style layout. This would be the most useful thing they would have done for the most people.

LOWER the VOLUME on ALL PRESETS.
Even the init preset is at MAX and if you search for Trance unipulse lead and hold 3 notes you get audio DROPOUTS because the PRESET VOLUME Is to LOUD on 2 places in the synth and the droputs happen in the synth and not the daw because of it.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:40 pm I would like trilian style macro pages for the hardware profiles in Omnisphere. This would be amazing for those of us who don’t own the hardware synths (most people). Would not have to be photo accurate like the real thing, just flat knobs and sliders and buttons in the general arrangement of the hardware synths. Single page. The hardware controls often do many things with a single control like instantiating an effect and editing multiple parameters.

I think the hard part is already done, which is setting up all the signals that have to go into Omni and the way the different controls have to react. The macros would just send whatever signal the hardware control sends. The actual page could be a simple lemur/touch osc style layout. This would be the most useful thing they would have done for the most people.
Yes, I'd like this too.

Most request here feel more like 2.7 than 3.0. I've hardly read anything that would warrant a new major version, and I don't have anything that big request-wise either. Obviously Stylus - great though it is - is the most needy but as we're now in the 2nd decade of saying exactly this it's getting a little depressing.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

more textures/soundscapes :D
https://deepwaveradio.fr/ - https://www.facebook.com/deepwaveradio/
_
"no vst were offendead, we r geared hardly :D "

wavetable import xddddddd

- Integrated KVR/Gearslutz Quick Reply window
- Future proof MIDI 3 compatibility
- Smell
- Apple TV App
- 3D glasses compatibility skinning
- 16 bit version
- Beatport Top 10 riff creator
- A rename to Genesisomnipro
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

TheMaestro wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:09 pm - Integrated KVR/Gearslutz Quick Reply window
- Future proof MIDI 3 compatibility
- Smell
- Apple TV App
- 3D glasses compatibility skinning
- 16 bit version
- Beatport Top 10 riff creator
- A rename to Genesisomnipro
Don't forget a holodeck. And more cowbell!

Why doesn’t Omnisphere include a sampler, whose sounds can be layered alongside synth sounds, as can be done in less expensive synth-sampler combos like MSoundfactory, Halion 6, Falcon, and Logic’s Alchemy? I see that it can import samples, but I get the sense this is just for granular synthesizing. Is this correct?

I’ve occasionally looked at Omnisphere as an outsider, wondering whether it’s worth the enormous price to get it. And the lack of a sampler as part of the package has held me back.

Faster Loading GUI please ;[
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Brother Greg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 pm Why doesn’t Omnisphere include a sampler, whose sounds can be layered alongside synth sounds, as can be done in less expensive synth-sampler combos like MSoundfactory, Halion 6, Falcon, and Logic’s Alchemy? I see that it can import samples, but I get the sense this is just for granular synthesizing. Is this correct?

I’ve occasionally looked at Omnisphere as an outsider, wondering whether it’s worth the enormous price to get it. And the lack of a sampler as part of the package has held me back.
For me, none of those products have ever appealed. I have Falcon AAX with Pro Tools, and its sound library is just awful imo. I'm sure it can do great stuff with skilled programmers, but there's little evidence of it in the factory library.

Omnisphere is a synth. And I'd be delighted for it to remain that way.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:14 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 pm Why doesn’t Omnisphere include a sampler, whose sounds can be layered alongside synth sounds, as can be done in less expensive synth-sampler combos like MSoundfactory, Halion 6, Falcon, and Logic’s Alchemy? I see that it can import samples, but I get the sense this is just for granular synthesizing. Is this correct?

For me, none of those products have ever appealed. I have Falcon AAX with Pro Tools, and its sound library is just awful imo. I'm sure it can do great stuff with skilled programmers, but there's little evidence of it in the factory library.

Omnisphere is a synth. And I'd be delighted for it to remain that way.
I respect your experience with Falcon--I've never used it. But I think the ability to mix samples and synths in MSoundfactory and Alchemy works really well. I don't see that adding a sampler to Omnisphere would hurt it in any way; instead, it would increase its capabilities.

Brother Greg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:13 pmI respect your experience with Falcon--I've never used it. But I think the ability to mix samples and synths in MSoundfactory and Alchemy works really well. I don't see that adding a sampler to Omnisphere would hurt it in any way; instead, it would increase its capabilities.
Well to be fair if they added multi-sampling tomorrow I wouldn't complain. After all the engine already handles it (used in Trilian and Keyscape), its just as users we don't have access. And I honestly can't think of much else that would even warrant a version 3 badge.

I think the reason so far they've avoided it is you need to add a lot of complexity to edit, loop, script etc, Eric has said it's a bottomless pit. But I'm sure at some level it could be done, and at this point in the product's lifecycle it mightn't be a bad move. The synthesis side of Omni and the quality of patches available is so good that it wouldn't gain that Workstation badge that I think Spectrasonics wouldn't want.
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Burning Korean throat singers.
R2D2 on meth.
Separate ARP plugin.

Brother Greg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 pm I see that it can import samples, but I get the sense this is just for granular synthesizing. Is this correct?
Not sure if I fully understood your question, but the imported samples work just like any of the factory library samples, meaning you can use granularity, unison, filters, modulation, mix them with synth oscillators, etc, whatever you wish. :)

As mentioned, using multisamples isn’t possible, but I have always seen Omnisphere more as a creative tool for interesting hybrid sounds, instead of some super realistic sample-based stuff (there’s Kontakt for that :D). But yeah, let’s see what the future brings, new options and features are seldom a bad thing...

Captain wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:48 pm
Brother Greg wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:55 pm I see that it can import samples, but I get the sense this is just for granular synthesizing. Is this correct?
Not sure if I fully understood your question, but the imported samples work just like any of the factory library samples, meaning you can use granularity, unison, filters, modulation, mix them with synth oscillators, etc, whatever you wish. :)

As mentioned, using multisamples isn’t possible, but I have always seen Omnisphere more as a creative tool for interesting hybrid sounds, instead of some super realistic sample-based stuff (there’s Kontakt for that :D). But yeah, let’s see what the future brings, new options and features are seldom a bad thing...
Thanks for explaining all the things Omnisphere can do with an imported sample. Sounds appealing! I don't think adding a multisampler would restrict Omnisphere to any super realism, seeing as samples can be altered and effected like synth sounds; but including an editable sampler/multisampler would add to Omnisphere's offerings.

Return to “Instruments”