Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Voltage Modular Core + Electro Drums Voltage Modular Ignite Voltage Modular Nucleus

cherryDan wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:14 pm Sonobiosis introduces uQuence Sequencer ($10), an 8-track Euclidian rhythm algorithm based sequencer.
This is brilliant, and just what I want from a Euclidian sequencer!

Intuitive and easy, lots of options without being overwhelming, really fun to play with, and a simple way to get Euclidian midi patterns into my host for further editing as well. :party:

The only additions I'd want would be the option to toggle individual beats on and off in the sequencers (maybe not in the Euclidian spirit!), and per sequencer probability in addition to global probably. Other than those, genuinely couldn't be happier.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added a new free module to the store. It's nothing fancy, just a triple sample and hold I made at the request of a user, but I decided to make it available as a sort of late New Year's present to VM users for a limited time. I will also add it to all the major Benard bundles for the next update.

Cheers!

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/t ... e-and-hold

grandier wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 pm Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added a new free module to the store
Happy owner of Mega Bundle 1 & 2 here :) Thank you for the gift, Hector. It will be definitely useful in some scenarios.
System: i7-14700k / 64Gb / RME UFX / Focal SM9 / NI S61 / Push 2
Synths: Sub 37, Boomstar 4075, NL4, Analog Keys, Prophet-6

grandier wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 pm Just wanted to let everyone know that I've added a new free module to the store. It's nothing fancy, just a triple sample and hold I made at the request of a user, but I decided to make it available as a sort of late New Year's present to VM users for a limited time. I will also add it to all the major Benard bundles for the next update.

Cheers!

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/t ... e-and-hold
Hector, is it possible to add clock multiply/divide for each channel in your sequencers (in this concrete example Stochastic Trigger Sequencer)? Just a knob near 1-4 trigger outs, when turn right it will be x1.5, x2, x3, etc. and when turn left /1.5, /2, /3, etc. That way a lot of my patches will be much more compact, so I will use only one sequencer instead of 3 or 4 with different clocks.

Also, guys, how do you multiply your clock instead of divide? I can do it two ways and both of them are very clumsy IMO (maybe I'm missing something?):
1. Clock Generator (Andrew Macaulay) - Clock to CV to Clock (Andrew Macaulay) - Formula and back to Clock to CV to Clock module
2. Sync Generator - Sync Divider (as many as I need) - Trigger to Gate. In this case I should set Sync Generator to be very fast and divide it to necessary values. It will be much more understandable if there will be something like simple Clock Divider/Multiplier module.

I'd like to see something like Impromptu Clocked for VCV, where you can specify your clock bpm and there are additional 3 clocks with multiply/divide options. Everything in 1 module, very convenient and compact.

kresbeatz wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:31 pm
Hector, is it possible to add clock multiply/divide for each channel in your sequencers (in this concrete example Stochastic Trigger Sequencer)? Just a knob near 1-4 trigger outs, when turn right it will be x1.5, x2, x3, etc. and when turn left /1.5, /2, /3, etc. That way a lot of my patches will be much more compact, so I will use only one sequencer instead of 3 or 4 with different clocks.
I'd like to see something like Impromptu Clocked for VCV, where you can specify your clock bpm and there are additional 3 clocks with multiply/divide options. Everything in 1 module, very convenient and compact.
Those requests sound pretty much interesting to me too.

Hi kresbeatz,

That's a great idea, but it will require some reworking of the internals of the Stochastic Sequencer to use a separate clock per channel (even if it's just a subdivision of the original one) instead of a common one. I'll have a go at it when I get the chance, after I finish the batch of new modules that I'm working on at the moment (stay tuned for some exciting new modules coming soon, including some new sequencers!), and hopefully I can implement this for the next revision in the near future.

I've also sketched some master clock modules at some point, but I got the feeling there wasn't a real need for this. But I should be able to make one for convenience with the features you mention if there is interest. I also have some fancy clock dividers in the works, but so many ideas and so little time! :D But suggestions are always welcome, and thanks for the feedback!

grandier wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:40 pm I'll have a go at it when I get the chance, after I finish the batch of new modules that I'm working on at the moment (stay tuned for some exciting new modules coming soon, including some new sequencers!), and hopefully I can implement this for the next revision in the near future.
That's great, I really enjoy using your modules! One quick thing came to mind. I'm using your Mini modules a lot (very small real estate, but powerful) and I have one suggestion for Mini Envelope module. Could you add dedicated CV out jack for this? I understand, there is not much room left, but maybe you'll consider to put CV out instead of VCA/Env switch if there is no other option to add it? I'll explain. Often I'm using one envelope for volume and filter cutoff, so it will be really handy to do this with one module (VCA out goes to main out and CV out goes to Filter Cutoff CV in). Now I have to choose what is the module output - VCA or Env, but I'd like both with shared controls :) Something like in Andrew Macaulay envVCA module (and to foresee your question why I don't use this module instead of yours, then I really like to have options - the slopes are different, as well as your module is a bit more compact :))

As for master clock modules - of course it is a real need! There is no need for small compact master clock module, because we have couple in the store. But normal/big size module with several clocks (or one clock + dividers/multipliers), swing, delay and pulse width controls for each clock output will be very useful, at least for my work. It will be instant buy! Of course small clock divider/multiplier modules are also welcome (default Cherry Audio one is just two dividers with no multiply options in relatively wide module - I'm sure you can make it much more sexy).

I understand that VM concept is differs from VCV, so the modules are much simpler but easier and faster to use and I like it very much. However in some kind of scenarios mentioned above it will be much more efficient to have more advanced module to save the space/simplify the patches greatly. Of course it's just my opinion.

Hi kresbeatz,

I can replace the switch with a dedicated CV output on the mini envelope. I only worry that it might break some patches for people using the main output as CV. This wouldn't be hard to fix of course, but they'd have to do it manually. Not sure if this would be a big deal. :scared:

And I will have a look at a master clock module with the features you describe. I have some ideas, but I need to make sure it offers some additional functionality and that everything works as it should so that I can release it with the next bundle (which I am considering releasing in parts, so as not to have to wait until all the modules are ready).

Sounds great! If you need someone to beta test I'm ready :)

Another idea, is it possible to have a switch in Mini Sequencer and Matrix Sequencer that changes knob display notification between voltage (like now) and semitones. So it basically will be much faster to program if you have exact melody in mind related to the music scale.

Another idea, Chords module with separate outputs for each chord (let's say 4 channel or 6 channel). Something like VCV chords. Now if I need specific 4 note chord I'm using 4 sequencers - not nice at all.

Thank you!

You're giving me a lot of homework man! :hihi: But thanks for the input, all of this helps to make the modules better!

I will try to add semitone display to the next versions of the sequencers (and to the new ones), but it might take some time.

I do have a chord module in the works, but again, I need to find the right take on it. And you mean a separate output for each voice of the chords, right?

It might be a good idea to move this conversation to email, using my contact email on the CA manufacturer page. That way we can discuss the details more easily.

And thanks for the offer to beta test, I might take you up on it!

grandier, I know, I know, there are a lot things coming to mind when I have patching sessions :) Regarding Chord module - yes, I meant a separate output for each voice of the chord (just look on VCV Chords - I think it's very well thought module). I will collect all my FR's and contact you on email soon!

As I'm pretty sure that CA are reading this topic, I'd like to ask about some forthcoming features to VM. I scanned through this topic and there were a lot of discussion about bug fixes, new features, etc. few months ago, but now the topic is almost dead. Probably devs are baking something interesting to the core system (better graphics performance when zoom in/out, a lot of new shortcuts, next/prev sample button for samplers, sharper graphics for some modules, more outputs for hardware synth usage, new modules etc.)?

Dear Synthesists,

We've all been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak, and, like you, we're all staying at home and making sure our families and loved ones are safe. We want to do our part to help.

Starting immediately, and for the foreseeable future, we're making Voltage Modular Nucleus FREE for everybody. It's a complete modular synthesis package, with 22 modules and over 130 presets, for OSX and Windows. Visit https://cherryaudio.com/free to create an account and download Voltage Modular Nucleus today.

Stay home, stay safe, make some music, and learn to master modular synthesis. We'll all get through this together.

- Cherry Audio

P.S. Community is important. Visit our forums at https://forums.cherryaudio.com/ and our Facebook user group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2689074021316824/ to share your creations, ask questions, trade patches, and help each other learn.

:tu: :clap: :love:

This is a very nice move :)
I downloaded the free edition and I really like it for about one hour playing in just one preset :o It is sure has the modular feel (that is stealing your time like no others!!).

Thank you for this :) I'm overwhelmed by the options to buy my first module!! The free offer is very generous though! I love the oscillators (hard sync and FM! wow!). I think this might absolutely replace Reaktor blocks for me ;)

It's a great piece of kit. If you do have a little money burning a hole in your pocket, I'd recommend upgrading to the full Core package first, which is about $66 from JRRShop. That gets you the Plug-in Host module, which lets you put in any VST instruments or effects. It opens up your sound possibilities exponentially, and even makes Voltage a pretty good plugin chainer environment.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Return to “Instruments”