licenses rant (Antares/Wibu this time)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://support.antarestech.com/support/ ... es-central
Your license for Auto-Tune Access, Auto-Tune EFX+, Auto-Tune Artist, or Auto-Key can be activated on up to two computers at a time. Repeat these steps for each computer.
My specific two-computer setup, single user:
- Studio desktop
- Laptop boot1 (catalina): mobile studio/other crap
- Laptop boot2 (mojave): live concert

However, Antares doesn't consider "two computers" as two physical computers, but rather as two "user logins" or "two different OSes" even if it's the same computer/user.

This mean that every time i need it live, i need to go and deactivate one of my other systems, and then do it again when I need my desktop/mobile studio.

Since the live concert setup is generally disconnected from the internet, i'm trying to authorise it and then disconnect it, then "deactivate all" via license manager to see if the usually offline boot2 stays authorised for the time being... But damn.

What i'm trying to do is nothing special... And FabFilter and U-he are absolutely fine with this kind of setup. Gah.

Either that, or i need to buy an ADDITIONAL license to use it liek a normal person.

I hate it when a legitimate user has to suffer for protections which eventually get cracked anyway like everything else.
At least when you come up with a protection, allow decent amount of users for multiple setups such as this.

Another examples - LennarDigital (Sylenth1) allows only 10 "deactivations" of a computer through his website (a 2 computer license). Plain silly. and not even mentioning companies who shove us the "Dong(le)" like Vengeance like its the 80s or something.

Return to “Effects”