2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the two of you, hardware forum.
all this "soft" talk is making me limp :(

:lol:

Oh crap sorry, didn't see where it's located :ud:
Then maaaybe DeepMind 6 or 12, but not sure if it's worth it

0degree wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm Oh crap sorry, didn't see where it's located :ud:
dont have either myself, but theres a couple of threads here and they get some praise from some folk :)
definitely worth thinking about if youre consideting a polysynth imo 8)

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:23 pm
0degree wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:11 pm Oh crap sorry, didn't see where it's located :ud:
dont have either myself, but theres a couple of threads here and they get some praise from some folk :)
Some people complain it sounds flat and lifeless but it would be hard to get comparable analog poly synth at this price point

0degree wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:26 pm
Some people complain it sounds flat and lifeless but it would be hard to get comparable analog poly synth at this price point
well thats what modulation is for.
some of the videos ive seen sounded nice.
but yes at the price you probably are going to find some limitations compared to the more expensive. but im not sure id call it lifeless personally. depends how its patched :shrug:

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:05 pm get a room :roll:

:P
Wanna join? 8)

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Wanna join? 8)
no thanks.
im gonna try for your missus while youre busy :P

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:08 pm the two of you, hardware forum.
all this "soft" talk is making me limp :(

:lol:
What’s your tumescence level on getting UAD plugins to extend the capabilities of an Apollo interface that I got last year? That’s part of my plan this year. I picked out a few last sale, but I’ll probably top if off next Christmas. Can that at least get you a little chubb’d up? :lol: Don’t worry, I also plan on getting something to extend the oscillators on my Pro 2. Probably a Korg Minilogue XD module. Hot.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

not quote a semi but better than it was :hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:30 pm
0degree wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:26 pm
well thats what modulation is for.
some of the videos ive seen sounded nice.
but yes at the price you probably are going to find some limitations compared to the more expensive. but im not sure id call it lifeless personally. depends how its patched :shrug:
I’m in the “flat and lifeless” camp, but it is a good value if you don’t use software. If you use software, you’re better off without it. I can think of a dozen better sounding plugins that you could run though Soundtoys plugins (or whatever your favorite effects plugins are) and get a better result.

I think you’d be better served saving a bit of money and getting a MFB Synth Pro or a used Prophet 08. You could always run it though an X-Air 12 for effects. I do that with a 002 so that I can mix it’s hard panned (who thought that was OK?) outputs and add some effects. The Behringer effects are pretty damn good. Best thing about the Deepmind, IMO.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

My Strymon AA.1 was originally estimated for Tuesday delivery, got updated to Monday, then back to Tuesday, then back to Monday, then back to Tuesday. It's been sitting at their distribution center right here in town since Saturday night. But now there's a "delivery exception" and it's delayed until tomorrow. :bang:

Meanwhile Schneidersladen just shipped my FM Aid this morning and its ETA is Thursday. Because of course shipping from Berlin to St. Louis by UPS is faster than delivering something from one St. Louis suburb to another St. Louis suburb by FedEx.
Last edited by foosnark on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:36 pm
Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Wanna join? 8)
no thanks.
im gonna try for your missus while youre busy :P
Nah. She doesn't prefer hippies :lol:

:o
im not a bloody hippy!

i just look like one :tantrum:

foosnark wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:51 pm shipping from Berlin to St. Louis by UPS is faster than delivering something from one St. Louis suburb to another St. Louis suburb by FedEx.
For me it's also quite a bit cheaper to ship something in from Europe than the US. Eu is not
bent on raping the state of hawaii on shipping fees like the US carriers are. :x

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:19 pm :o
im not a bloody hippy!

i just look like one :tantrum:
Hippie talk 8)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”