One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If we are allowed to tweak the csound part as well...; - )
It certainly would convince me to do an counter EDM track... :D

P.S. Just downloaded and it does at least voice per channel. That means enough MPE for me...!!!
Yes, yes, its a perfect candidate...

Hello everyone, sorry for once more hi-jacking this thread for the Songwriting Competition over on Mix Challenge

But I think this might be of interest for you sound designers.

I'm currently running a special Songwriting Competition again. However, not with a limited tool set, but rather a limited sound set. We've collected a handful of self-created sounds/samples from various participants in December 2019, which are now the sole sound source for the Songwriting Competition (SWC029/January). This particular special challenge is known as "Community Scramble", and it originated in December 2018.

The twist, as you're used to from the OSC, is to create a production with just these sounds and samples. But there is absolutely no limit on how you get there - you are allowed to use any tool that is at your disposal. You can use resampling, wavetable synthesis, various types of modulation, etc. As long as you don't use any additional synth or instruments (vocals are allowed though, plus - we have a recorded poem). Else, the rules of the Songwriting Competition apply.

More about this can be read here, and the game thread can be found through this link.

I'd definitely love to see the participants of the OSC over on Mix Challenge as well, as this adds a slightly different twist to what you're used to here on KVR Audio. You will get feedback to your production (established in the rule set as part of the voting process), so the more participants, the better.

A huge thank you in advance! :tu:
Looking forward to see you on the flipside.

More on: https://www.mix-challenge.com
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:44 am Hello everyone, sorry for once more hi-jacking this thread...
Will it ever stop? I wonder... :shrug:

Why should it? I am fine with it...
Competition of competitions is good for... keeping you busy...

sycla-X is pretty rough

z.prime wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:15 am
Compyfox wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:44 am Hello everyone, sorry for once more hi-jacking this thread...
Will it ever stop? I wonder... :shrug:
Oh... my beloved friend of old debates (I'm having flashbacks to 2017).

Apologies for merely inviting and bringing the communities together once every years since mid 2018, to be creative and producing something outstanding. You know... having fun and all. Which is what all these games are about. :tu:

Happy new year 2020 to the OSC community. :party:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

personally when i create a track for the challenge i mix master and get it set up with my publisher so i make sure that is ready to go to sony or itunes or whatnot so speeding the process up would suck alot in its own ways, i mean shit i have a perfectly good track but i couldnt log in last night so i went through alot of trouble for nada. i have a gripe put all your sites into one congruent website with one spot to log in only i get screwed up like every time i participate and finding the page to past a link and then finding where to vote at come on here screw it i'll drop it right here tell me what you think this is for (phase plant) https://soundcloud.com/szin-napalm/gangsters-nightmare

Very interesting track! I can't appreciate it, because I didn't participate in the Phase Plant competition. However, you might have received more feedback if you had posted this message on the contest forum. I wrote here several messages and managed discern, that on this forum participants go as if in certain moments time, and in breaks here no one there is no :shrug: In addition, they do not respond to all messages, perhaps only to "interesting" and "strictly on the topic" :hihi:

What about one of Uhhyou's plugins for next month? The dev has released several plugins in the past months and responds quickly to feedback. They're in vst3 format for pc mac and linux + lv2.

Another vote for ToneZ. https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez

It might be easier to use and maybe more versatile and has both Win and Mac. I will check on the synths suggested above to see and report back if they're less frustrating to use compared to Syncla-X

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:32 pm Have we already talked about ToneZ? https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez
exponent1 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm Another vote for ToneZ. https://t0nit0rmx.github.io/plugins/tonez

It might be easier to use and maybe more versatile and has both Win and Mac.
+ 1 8)

+1. This is interesting!

For a synth geared towards EDM, ToneZ is not it. It's envelopes are somewhat unresponsive and its filters leave a lot to be desired. Can we use something else? I want a synth that is actually fun to use
It's very tasty, I swear!

zerofox97 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:21 amI want a synth that is actually fun to use
No way! The best part of the competition is when you have a synth that is so severely limited in some way that it's utter torture to use! ... and then Jasinski just drops some magical music bomb on the whole crowd and you're like how the hell did he just do that? :dog:

z.prime wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:43 am
zerofox97 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:21 amI want a synth that is actually fun to use
No way! The best part of the competition is when you have a synth that is so severely limited in some way that it's utter torture to use! ... and then Jasinski just drops some magical music bomb on the whole crowd and you're like how the hell did he just do that? :dog:
No
It's very tasty, I swear!

Return to “Instruments”