How would a subscription model benefit the consumer using Logic?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Retina? You don’t see blocky pixellated shit?

Nothing that extreme. I don’t really care if it’s not perfect looking, it’s well sized and very usable.

I have no issues either, on a 27" 5k monitor set @ 2560 x 1440.

It has been a little disappointing regarding no major update, but that tells me their working on the next big iteration, not that they're neglecting it. As is, Logic is far more than I ever dreamed of having.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Are you guys really not noticing the non-updated tiny horrible GUIs on retina screens?

Please open ultrabeat and LOOK at it.

Subscription:

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Bombadil wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:58 pm I have no issues either, on a 27" 5k monitor set @ 2560 x 1440.

It has been a little disappointing regarding no major update, but that tells me their working on the next big iteration, not that they're neglecting it. As is, Logic is far more than I ever dreamed of having.
Logic is great, but it does feel somewhat neglected... because:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Ploki wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:01 pm Are you guys really not noticing the non-updated tiny horrible GUIs on retina screens?

Please open ultrabeat and LOOK at it.
This.

I notice and I’m not even on a retina screen yet (because Apple doesn’t sell a computer I want OR, now, can afford).
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well, I don't use Ultrabeat, and rarely the EXS.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Bombadil wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:17 pm Well, I don't use Ultrabeat, and rarely the EXS.
That doesnt really change the fact that there’s plenty of nonretina, non-updated, dated and neglected elements in logic.

Environment still has LP8 GUI.

MIDI routing is still miles behind most DAWs.

Just because you personally dont use it that doesnt mean its up to date.

Um. yeah, that goes without saying. What I implied is that the deficiencies don't inhibit me in how I use Logic. Of course these things need a makeover. Apple moves in mysterious ways.
-Henry A. Wallace

How’s your eyesight? What size screen and what resolution are you at?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Eyesight isn't great. The specs are a few posts up.
-Henry A. Wallace

@ 2560 x 1440 x2 i assume?

like 5K retina imac?

Yep. Don't know what you mean by x2. Only 1 screen full 5k is too much of a strain on my eyes.
Late 2015 27" iMac, i7, 4ghz, quad core, 32gb RAM, 2tb Fusion drive.
-Henry A. Wallace

Ya' know retina is nice for sure, but did I feel like it was light years better once I moved up? No. I still use a 1440p iMac as my main computer and I don't feel deprived at all or tempted to use the 5K that's used for music. Just because an iMac is 5K, you don't have to run it at that.

Logic has some great stuff and capabilities, and I've used it quite a bit, so respect, but portions of it do seem kludged. Track Stacks? And geez, the Environment? I could swear I remember that from C-Lab Creator on the Atari. I wouldn't say neglected, I'd say they're probably scared to dig into some of the older code. Kidding. Mostly.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”