Available now: Tone2 Icarus2.5 - Wavetable Workstation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

some micro-observations:
- Envelope graphics don’t change when i change ADSR from a controller (though actual sound changes).
- Iteration order with mousewheel sometimes doesn’t correspond to the actual dropdown items order (for instance for table morphing options).
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:42 am some micro-observations:
- Envelope graphics don’t change when i change ADSR from a controller (though actual sound changes).
- Iteration order with mousewheel sometimes doesn’t correspond to the actual dropdown items order (for instance for table morphing options).
For best response, send bug reports to: support@tone2.com

Three patches from Elevation for Icarus in action using the updated version 2 of Icarus.
There is an updated version of Icarus 2?
rsp
sound sculptist

No, my wording was just misleading.

Ahh. Thanks Simon.
rsp
sound sculptist

Markus Krause wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:24 am @Sampleconstruct: Great! Keep up your fanstastic sound-design work :-)
Thank you for creating wonderful synths!

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:24 am @sampleconstruct Loved that!
Thank you :phones:

This is a great Upgrade to Icarus! Well done Markus! Icarus 2 feels like a different synth than V1, definitely better in a major way, love the Workstation approach! Glad i bought it!
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

:tu: This!
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Thanks a lot for the nice words! :love: :hug:

i was thinking whether its possible to modulate the volume of drums, or individual drums...
+ another question: any plan to set the drums in polyrhythmic fashion? (i mean the ability to set different step lengths of individual drums)

You can think about the drum-section as a completely separate synth. The mod-matrix is not connected to it.
Modulating the volume of the steps is possible in the current version. Use the vertical sliders in the grid on the left to set the velocity. Then set VelVol to 100%.

Polyrhythmic beats have also been requested by another customer. It is possible to create them with a trick: Combining the Arp and the Drums.
Example:
Load a snare sound to the osc section. Enable the Arp. Set Arp Loop to 5. The snare will now trigger after 5 steps, while the drums-section will loop after 16 steps.

Markus

You still got one week to submit your track for the demosong-contest. You can win these prizes (there is a realistic chance to win, since we have not received too many tracks so far):

1st prize: Tone2 Complete Bundle (worth $999; includes all synths, effects and expansions)
2nd prize: A Tone2 synth of your choice (worth up to $189)
3rd prize: An effect of your choice (worth up to $79)
4th prize: A sound-set of your choice (worth up to $59)

How can you take part?

1) Create one or more short songs that use several instances of Icarus1 or Icarus2. Each one should be between 20 seconds and 40 seconds length. Avoid compressors.

2) Save your track(s) as a 96 kHz WAV file (if possible)

3) Send it to markus[a t]tone2[dot]com before February the 2nd

4) We pick the best ones and present them as demo-tracks on our website

5) The winners will receive their prize by email

Examples:
https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

Made a guitar patch with some pink noise. Is there a way to make the noise generator retrigger at the same starting point. I feel like it drifts, which is okay, just wondering. Random doodling. https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... st/s-T7HAv
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

TheNeverScene wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:38 pm Made a guitar patch with some pink noise. Is there a way to make the noise generator retrigger at the same starting point. I feel like it drifts, which is okay, just wondering. Random doodling. https://soundcloud.com/the-never-scene/ ... st/s-T7HAv
Yes:

1) Open the wavetable-editor
2) Select Init -> Pink noise to create a random-noise waveform
3) In the OSC select Sample -> One Shot wave
4) Set Osc octave to -4

Return to “Instruments”