IK Multimedia & Joe Satriani want to hear from you!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ElKabong wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 am You have to wonder how much of a "survey" this really was since the final list of gear was announced like immediately after the poll closed. I was glad to see the 5150 and the Rockman (the 5150 currently in Amplitube 4 is the same one from version 3, and it is not very convincing these days). But I was bummed to see them opting for bog standard Boss pedals that no one really cares about and clearly ignoring the cool shit that no one else has modeled (ultra harmonizer and Eventide 949, especially). Something tells me they never had any intention of trying to model those--just wanted the publicity of the survey.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... harmonizer
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

electro wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:49 pm
imrae wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think?
You've never tried TSE X50II?
https://www.tseaudio.com/home
Pretty happy with Kazrog Psycho C !

electro wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:49 pm
imrae wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm An updated 5150 would be nice, the current one is still gen 3 I think?
You've never tried TSE X50II?
https://www.tseaudio.com/home
I've tried TSE, and Kazrog, and Bias. None really impressed me. All sounded too fizzy and brittle. For a real 5150 tone that sounds like the actual amp I own, the only one that comes close other than Axe-FX for me is the one in ReValver 4. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing if IK can do a better job on this one than they did whenever they came with the Metal-Lead-V.

electro wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:06 pm
ElKabong wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:44 am You have to wonder how much of a "survey" this really was since the final list of gear was announced like immediately after the poll closed. I was glad to see the 5150 and the Rockman (the 5150 currently in Amplitube 4 is the same one from version 3, and it is not very convincing these days). But I was bummed to see them opting for bog standard Boss pedals that no one really cares about and clearly ignoring the cool shit that no one else has modeled (ultra harmonizer and Eventide 949, especially). Something tells me they never had any intention of trying to model those--just wanted the publicity of the survey.
https://www.eventideaudio.com/products/ ... harmonizer
Right. My point was that no one else (other than the company that invented the thing) has modeled it; and I just didn't believe that IK was going to provide one in an expansion pack that they'll sell for like $120, especially when Eventide wants you to buy a $1700+ bundle or get sucked into a monthly subscription scheme just to get it. And the timing of the survey vis-a-vis the release of the official list tells me that they weren't really considering it at all.

I have a feeling that eventually we'll have a complete rock band ITB - well we already do if you count sampled guitars, but I'm not a fan of sampled anything and prefer modeled. Hopefully within a couple years our wish will be true.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Totally agree about modeled.

Pianoteq, Organteq, Arché Collection, and MODO have seriously upped my game. Just need modeled guitars now...

The best part is being able to travel light and work on the road from my laptop. Large sample libraries made that impractical in the extreme.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

why choose those garbage Boss drive pedals.

Joe has 80's MIJ Boss DD-2 and CE-2 in his closet, why not those? far more interesting than your tired DS-1. meh.

this Collection is lackluster. I'm waiting on Gilmour.

you can't half-ass Gilmour, guys, find Bjorn Riis in the depth of Norwegian forests and cave in with the man for the premium gilmourizing.

did I mention the owner of gilmourish dot com owns Amplitube? yes he does. just don't tell anyone. his boutique analogue pedal sponsors will get a stroke.

Stringzy wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:59 am did I mention the owner of gilmourish dot com owns Amplitube? yes he does. just don't tell anyone. his boutique analogue pedal sponsors will get a stroke.
Too late, you did it already... :hihi:

jamcat wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:07 am Totally agree about modeled.

Pianoteq, Organteq, Arché Collection, and MODO have seriously upped my game. Just need modeled guitars now...

The best part is being able to travel light and work on the road from my laptop. Large sample libraries made that impractical in the extreme.
Realstrat 5 by Musiclab is already extremely close to what a modeled E-guitar is going to sound like. The only question is the real-time playability from a standard piano keybed.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

What is the release date?

bill45 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:27 am What is the release date?
We expect to release AmpliTube Joe Satriani this month (February 2020).

Thanks Peter. Any more videos or audio demos?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Is this still accurate?

jamcat wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:26 pm
Is this still accurate?
+1
Yes, is it?

The main thing I hate about the Pre Order thing, is the wait, just seems longer if you have already paid for it :wink:
Say NO to CLAP!

The silence here speaks volumes.

No audio. No video. No forum response.
No AmpliTube Joe Satriani.

Return to “Effects”