Phase Plant released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

It might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that. I think $29 is the most I've ever paid for an effect, except maybe Tantra (which I haven't used in ages because, while it's a lot of fun to play with, it's not actually very useful).
antic604 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:26 pmv1.3 (and thus v2 too) had Organ, FM4 and Polysynth
v2.3 added Phase-4
That's where I came in so I'd be talking about Polysynth. Very ordinary to my ears. By the time I updated to 2.4 I had pretty much given up on Bitwig so that would have been that.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

It's fair to want more filters. But have you tried modulating the filter cutoff and resonance? You can get a lot of sounds using audiorate modulation of the existing filter.

1.8.1 is out ?

hivkorn wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:27 am 1.8.1 is out ?
1.8.2 now!

Yes!

Version 1.8.1!

This is a hotfix release that fixes some bugs in the last release.

General
- Fixed a crash that could occur after closing a browser and then pressing an arrow key.
- Fixed a crash that occured if the browser failed to create the default user folder on disk.
- Fix for long folder names messing up the browser layout, especially in the wavetable browser.

Phase Plant
- Made it possible to pan and zoom vertically in the LFO curve editor.

Transient Shaper, 3-Band EQ
- Made visualization respond to modulation.

Slice EQ, Carve EQ, Snap Heap, Multipass
- Made it impossible to open more than one large editor from the snapin view.

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release. :flushed:

General
- Fixed a crash that occurred when creating a folder in the save dialog.
- Fixed broken layout in wavetable browser when the author field was filled in.

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:39 pmIt might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that.
Damn, you're like the most closed-minded, shallow person here... And there's a lot of competiton! I make a lot of effort to put myself in others' shoes to understand why they like some feature or worklfow that's alien for me (and probably adapt it for myself, if I find it useful), whereas you're on the opposite end - you brag about not f**king caring and you feel you're superior for it :dog:

It's one thing to not use something, but it's totally different to say it's stupid & dumb implying those that use it are stupid & dumb...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Even though they are? Seems kind of disingenuous to ignore reality.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:33 am Even though they are? Seems kind of disingenuous to ignore reality.
Assuming you're replying to me, because you're so awesome you can't be bothered to use the quote button - are you saying that people using frequency splitters or rack/layer devices are stupid? I'm sorry that you're somehow scared of what you don't understand and react that way. Seek help :(
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Version 1.8.1!

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release.

:D
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:18 pm Version 1.8.1!

Version 1.8.2!

This is a hotfix release that fixes a bug that we introduced in the last hotfix release.

:D
:hihi:

... and bought (along with Haas) :oops:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

antic604 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:21 am
BONES wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:39 pmIt might be if I did stupid shit like that, but I don't, so it's not. Orion had a multi-band effects container for 10 or 12 of the 20 years we worked on it and I never used it even once. I have work to do, there's no time for screwing around doing dumb stuff like that.
Damn, you're like the most closed-minded, shallow person here... And there's a lot of competiton! I make a lot of effort to put myself in others' shoes to understand why they like some feature or worklfow that's alien for me (and probably adapt it for myself, if I find it useful), whereas you're on the opposite end - you brag about not f**king caring and you feel you're superior for it :dog:

It's one thing to not use something, but it's totally different to say it's stupid & dumb implying those that use it are stupid & dumb...
Perhaps you understand now that BONES is the only FOE on my list... :lol:

But isn’t it entertaining? All social media are just entertainment anyway... :lol:

ImageImageImageImage

These last posts seem to me like "ad hominem" attacks, that have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. For the sake of the discussion, I think things like this should be avoided.

I understand and admit a joke, but I think it's time to get back on topic. I don't always agree with Bones myself, but I try to refrain from personal attacks, and stick to the subject.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”