Whats next for spectrasonic?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am probably an a-typical user of Spectrasonics products, but then what does it matter, i just adore their products?

So whats next in their product range?

- a long overdue update of stylus RMX
- an organ expansion for Keyscape
- new products like keyscape but then for guitars, orchestral sounds, drums
- improvements to omnisphere (like improved cpu usage), maybe even a version 2.5?
- maybe even a hardware instrument powered by their instruments.. not like nks or Vip... but more like a nord stage with spectrasonics inside, with a dedicated interface...

Anyone hear any rumors? Musik messe is near...

Probably something nobody would expect again... :lol:

Maybe a 400GB Burning Kazoo expansion for Omnisphere...

I would expect at least some more content/sources for Keyscape and Omnisphere.

RMX2 has been (presumably) so long in the making most of us interested have given up caring until the world proves there is something to care about again.

I could see them doing something along the lines of Keyscape but for guitar sources (yup, "Guitarscape" or "Fretscape" (not likely to be "Gitscape!") or some different branding entirely.

Omnisphere and the Omnisphere platform (eg, Trilian, Keyscape) are pretty mature now in terms of their feature sets, so sooner or later their focus is going to shift to other instruments...

I'd much rather see an improvement on the synth and sample/granular engine than getting more sample content. Omnisphere has tons of samples already and so much there that I'm never going to use.

beely wrote:Probably something nobody would expect again... :lol:

Maybe a 400GB Burning Kazoo expansion for Omnisphere...
I damn near had coffee coming out of my nose...haha. I'll be laughing at that one all day.
Kurzweil PC4; Korg Kronos 61 (2); Casio PX-350M

How about Omnisphere allowing proper sample imports like Alchemy or Falcon.

I'm hoping for a proper sampler with complex scripting abilities and a solid GUI.

RMX2:

Sjefke wrote:I am probably an a-typical user of Spectrasonics products, but then what does it matter, i just adore their products?

So whats next in their product range?

- a long overdue update of stylus RMX
Oh my... I've been waiting for that one. The funny thing is that every time I reinstall RMX I do it out of routine. And every time I try it - I wonder why I'm not using it more. Very inspiring. Wouldn't surprise me if a RMX2 would include forms of drum synthesis as well.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Proper sampling would be great, yeah.

My other little gripe with O2 is the aesthetics of the GUI, washbasin-blue with prehistoric 3D chic.

I'm not talking about the functionality, which is generally suberb.

My third (and final) problem is the whole preset-saving routine with its vast lumbering elephantine tag-system. If only we had simple DRAG N DROP functions (like Diva and Zebra) there'd be no need for tagging imo.

Just create your own folders then drag-save your preset in one movement, done!

And PLZ Spectrasonics have a long hard look at ANA2's GUI, Dune 3's silver-and-blue GUI, Serum etc etc.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

One for each of the 3 Spectrasonics threads that slaambo necro'd to post the same thing.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Nothing original to offer, Ben H? No response to my points? Just negativity?
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

Return to “Instruments”