2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:30 pm Possibly a cry-baby.
That’s no way to respond to vurt’s post...

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:30 pm Possibly a cry-baby.
That’s no way to respond to vurt’s post...
its ok. i dont read german :?

Schwinehund!
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

errr bless you :)

PSQ-1684 :love: (oops, sorry HW thread)

Aiming at the new Keystep, btw.

Bought one of these, a Grendel Grenadier ra-99... parallel formant synthesis.

http://rarewaves.net/products/grendel-g ... ier-ra-99/

https://youtu.be/8u4l8zNeXLk
Last edited by pekbro on Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I broke down and ordered another Happy Nerding FM Aid. I kind of missed it from when I had it before, and kept trying to fake it with varying levels of success and awkwardness. Had to order from Schneidersladen because nobody else had one in stock and nobody's selling them used.

I know I have too much FM stuff in my rack right now and I'm trying to sort it all out, but this one is small and flexible, can do other waveshaping tricks and might replace some other stuff. :shrug:

I'm going to sell my Entity Bass Drum, Mutant Hihat, TipTop One and Neuron drum voices and replace them with a Jomox ModBase 09, Vermona Twincussion and Erica Sample drum. I'm also going to take my Tyme Sefari MK2 out and see if I end up missing it.

Oh man, Tyme Sefari :( I really like its design, I just wish it could squeeze out a bit more sample rate and smoother scrubbing. I like lo-fi, but not quite that lo-fi all the time with no cleaner option.

I just have to remind myself the E520's resampling delay algo is probably going to give me the flavor I want, though.

^ @foosnark: Did you get rid of the ER-301? I don’t see it in your modular grid.

I still love the Tyme Sefari and the MK2. But I haven't been doing as much lofi sampling lately. I still love it for creating background beds of field recordings and such; when the pops and clicks become part of it's character. Most likely it will sit on a shelf until I break down and get another case. :oops:

justin3am wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:53 am Most likely it will sit on a shelf until I break down and get another case.
So a couple of weeks at the most then? :hihi:

Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 am
justin3am wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:53 am Most likely it will sit on a shelf until I break down and get another case.
Normally I would say that's accurate... :oops:
But that 2600, though. :hyper:

justin3am wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:47 am
Forgotten wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:10 am
Normally I would say that's accurate... :oops:
But that 2600, though. :hyper:
I thought you did a great job on that DIY case from your vid, just make another.
I can't even think about buying them anymore, even if I see one as super cool.
I only think about how I can replicate it at that point. :D

pekbro wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:45 pm ^ @foosnark: Did you get rid of the ER-301? I don’t see it in your modular grid.
Yeah. Long story short, last summer I really felt like I had lost something in the transition to the ER-301 based setup. I had a big rethink on it, and went through a few phases of changes since then. I had been using the ER-301 for two things:

-- Replacing things I shouldn't have replaced. The Hertz Donut mk2 was the major example. I got some fine complex oscillator sounds out of the ER-301 but it didn't feel right... so I tried a DPO, then an HD mk3, and finally went back to HD mk2.

-- Doing stuff that I can do better with Bitwig and the ES-3/ES-6. That includes some experiments, and some rarely used patches where I can't justify owning specific hardware full-time.

At the same time I felt like I had overkill and choice paralysis in some areas, so I trimmed things down and built things back up differently. I'm still kind of shaking out the changes there. For the moment I'm not going to buy or sell anything else, but I expect by this summer I'll have shifted more stuff around and be pretty close to a "finished" modular. If I'm not deluding myself :hihi:

(But then I'll still be playing with trying new pedals...)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”