Where is a synthesizer that can "listen" to another synth and then recreate that sound?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

V0RT3X wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 pm I would like to see something like this made, like the Kemper Profiling engine but for synthesizers. I'm sure with neural networks that something could be made to "listen" to a vintage synth, and then attempt to recreate the sound using it's own engine.
My initial thought is "what kind of sad loser would want something like that?" and then "oh yeah, this is KVR. Question answered."
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:53 pm
V0RT3X wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:00 pm I would like to see something like this made, like the Kemper Profiling engine but for synthesizers. I'm sure with neural networks that something could be made to "listen" to a vintage synth, and then attempt to recreate the sound using it's own engine.
My initial thought is "what kind of sad loser would want something like that?" and then "oh yeah, this is KVR. Question answered."
Minus the insult that is funny. My first thought was “why the incredible scramble to keep copying what already exists?”. I realize it is just my opinion.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Oh yeah gotta love the insults here on KVR.

Keep it classy bones :tu:
:borg:

Im pretty sure this is something for people who focus on tools but not on making actual music itself.

Also what purpose this kind of thing of "synth" would serve i dont see except the only one: to furfill collectors dream to have every possible synth sound. But in the end this collector would complain "its not the real thing! I cant get it to sound like my youth heroes ABBA (insert cries)" :+

You have sampled content which is some sort of snapshot already.

And there is Omnisphere 2.6 specialy made for the topic creator. You can make any sound you want of a vintage synth with 90% close accuracy.

And that resynthesis thing...its just mindblowing where with this crap someone came, probably didnt even heard the result how it sounds because 99% of the time result is vastly different. Probably the name "resynthesis" gives to that someone idea of suddenly emulating or whatever magic thing he imagines. :dog: :dog: :dog:

Sorry for being negative, but come on people, crunch what you talk :)

Return to “Site Stuff”