Korg Wavestation VST $24.99 !!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That is painful to acknowledge. There is so much potential if they future proofed these with scalable GUI.

They did say they would update them, but have been completely silent on when they will do it...

The big disappointment for me is when I see their MS-20 for the iPad! I have iPad but I don't use it for music production, I've tried but it is just not my type of workflow. So, they could do it for the iOS but not Windows/Mac! If they are so afraid from pirates, then why do they keep releasing software!?
Anyway, no more Korg software for me as I said. I like their hardware though :) I wish they do mono/poly hardware again :)

I just got the $24.99 Wavestation plugin.
Excellent deal, but I remember that my old Wavestation EX seemed to have a “warmer” sound, maybe it was the EX’s D/A converters. :shrug:
I did find these sounds, usable in any Wavestation, that sound pretty impressive:

https://youtu.be/du9iCyj_ymo

Ed A. wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 am I just got the $24.99 Wavestation plugin.
Excellent deal, but I remember that my old Wavestation EX seemed to have a “warmer” sound, maybe it was the EX’s D/A converters. :shrug:
Yeah, I had the chance to compare the M1 vst with the hardware. The hw Korg M1 has a deeper sound. Probably due to the converters, but not only. I felt the filters on the old synth sounded more complex/better.

LOVE KLC WS...It is still a fav goto for evolving pads for me. idc about the small GUI, its easy enough to just browse the huge amount of presets and go with a little bit of tweaking of the volumes and (filters - for a warmer sound) on each of the voices in a performance.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

For those of you who have the Wavestation VST;
What folder/Where are the patches/presets stored in Windows?

I've looked and can't find where to place a new bank.... :(

Mike

I have a triton in studio here and compared to the plug in things sound really close. Some sounds with effects sound a little different but I’m pretty sure I would fail a blind test.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:25 am For those of you who have the Wavestation VST;

Mike
I just store the wram banks in a folder i called BANKS in the same folder with the DLL file :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Way tempting price. Oh dear.

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:22 am
mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:25 am For those of you who have the Wavestation VST;

Mike
I just store the wram banks in a folder i called BANKS in the same folder with the DLL file :idea:
Thanks, but where are the current 18 banks stored?
If you create a new patch, where does Korg put them?

mrsugmad wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:15 pm
layzer wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:22 am

Mike
Thanks, but where are the current 18 banks stored?
If you create a new patch, where does Korg put them?
I have them here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\KORG\KORG Legacy\Presets
Buy I don't remember if I created the folder or Korg! Possibly Korg because I have the banks you can download from their website and they are in a different folder. Try this and see, so either this or it is internal bank within the dll maybe!

Anyway, I tried to load "all Rams" and I have two banks, one is called "init" and the other just "Wavestation", when I loaded "init" it loaded only Ram 1,2, and 3 and init all presets, then I loaded the default bank which made Ram 1,2 and 3 returned to default presets. So, I think only those first banks can be modified?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The UI is bothersome, but I use Windows Magnifier anyway due to visual impairment so I just zoom in and out of my M1 and Wavestation.

Triton looks and sounds cool, but for me not $200 worth of cool..maybe when the price drops.
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

izonin wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:40 am
Ed A. wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:48 am I just got the $24.99 Wavestation plugin.
Yeah, I had the chance to compare the M1 vst with the hardware. The hw Korg M1 has a deeper sound. Probably due to the converters, but not only. I felt the filters on the old synth sounded more complex/better.
I wonder if D16's Decimort 2 would help?

Looks like I missed out on the sale!

Return to “Instruments”