New song / minimal electro

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/user-319698205/v ... ochondriac

VSTi : Fabfilter one / Fabfilter twin / Linplug RMV / Stix
VST FX : FF pro Q3 / Pro R / Pro C 2 / Pro L 2 / Timeless 2 / Vengeance Sound vinylizer / Ozone 8 / Blue Cat Late / Waves Abbey Road Sat / Softube FET / Sonarworks Reference 3 / Softube Tsar / Waves oneknob driver

old song .... time to pass on something new now
Enjoys or not.... :D
Last edited by hivkorn on Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Okay, way too loud. That initial intro synth, whatever it is, probably needs some massive EQ on the high end. Musically, it's okay. But sheesh, are we still fighting the loudness wars?

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm Okay, way too loud. That initial intro synth, whatever it is, probably needs some massive EQ on the high end. Musically, it's okay. But sheesh, are we still fighting the loudness wars?
thx for listennig , yes i tried to be the loudest possible ,i think loudness is a part of this song.

hivkorn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:31 pm
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:29 pm Okay, way too loud. That initial intro synth, whatever it is, probably needs some massive EQ on the high end. Musically, it's okay. But sheesh, are we still fighting the loudness wars?
thx for listennig , yes i tried to be the loudest possible ,i think loudness is a part of this song.
Well, you succeeded in making it loud as possible. Congratulations.

:roll:

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:34 pm
hivkorn wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:31 pm
Well, you succeeded in making it loud as possible. Congratulations.

:roll:
:D :tu: sometime i win...

Cool tune, quirky, I like it.

Could be louder ;)

Good job. Reminds me of Zomby a little. No loudness issue imho.

Hey thx all for listenning and your rating :)

I really enjoyed it...shades of NIИ at times in there.

Wags is right about that opening synth, it's not so much too loud as it has way too much content in the 3 -6 kHz range where the human ear is very sensitive...needs EQing.

It's definitely overly compressed to my ear - very little dynamic range in there at all and I'm no stranger to heavy /loud listens...I have Devil Driver on in the background at the moment!

Would've loved some lead vocals!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:13 pm I really enjoyed it...shades of NIИ at times in there.

Wags is right about that opening synth, it's not so much too loud as it has way too much content in the 3 -6 kHz range where the human ear is very sensitive...needs EQing.

It's definitely overly compressed to my ear - very little dynamic range in there at all and I'm no stranger to heavy /loud listens...I have Devil Driver on in the background at the moment!

Would've loved some lead vocals!
Thx for listenning and tells your advice :tu:
I have notice a problem with the 'noise opening synth' during the first 3 mix and i tought the problem was fixed with the 4 mix.
I try to have an heavy compression and a song song very loud , it seems i just done it. ;)
It is an old song and i was pretty happy with the work so i will not remix it , i spent too much time to finalize old song and I have a lot of new songs wich are different.
I think my work is done with old songs , i have deeply evoluate since this one and i wanted to achieve this one to close this part of my life.
I just want to move on and i will do it ;)
thx a lot ;) :tu:

edit : of course NIИ is in the place ;) and i was not and i am not hypochondriac ;)

I don't mind the opening sound. Seems like a worthy 'statement of intent'. And I do like the beats a lot.

My biggest issue is that it feels like it's missing a thread of continuity, by which I mean it lacks some kind of 'bed' or foundation upon which you can build these parts. At the moment you bring in one part, then that part cuts completely, and another is introduced. This process then repeats throughout the track. There is no overlap, no layering, no building etc. and it loses cohesion. Moreover, having some kind of foundation/underscore would probably make each part easier to mix, which would avoid the big differences in volumes of the different parts.

What this needs is some musical glue :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:15 pm I don't mind the opening sound. Seems like a worthy 'statement of intent'. And I do like the beats a lot.

My biggest issue is that it feels like it's missing a thread of continuity, by which I mean it lacks some kind of 'bed' or foundation upon which you can build these parts. At the moment you bring in one part, then that part cuts completely, and another is introduced. This process then repeats throughout the track. There is no overlap, no layering, no building etc. and it loses cohesion. Moreover, having some kind of foundation/underscore would probably make each part easier to mix, which would avoid the big differences in volumes of the different parts.

What this needs is some musical glue :tu:
sure ! :)
the lack of foundation is something i wanted to "give" , a part lives , a part dies and then it is the same again and again ...
Thx for listenning and review ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”