Liquid DnB - Something in my mind (remade)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/zeekuh/liquid-dn ... in-my-mind

Completly remade the original version here is the result :)
Last edited by Zeekuh on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Good track, but:
- too much master compression/limiting, everything is jumping up and down, first sign that track isn't mixed properly
- vocal is too loud and sometimes out of sync
- hats are too dirty, noisy, too much reverb, again, hard to tell exactly what's wrong, because track is overcomressed
Sound quality is the main problem, overall it is good liquid funk
Is that Soundgoodizer/Maximus on the master track?

Jopmanajop wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:57 am Good track, but:
- too much master compression/limiting, everything is jumping up and down, first sign that track isn't mixed properly
- vocal is too loud and sometimes out of sync
- hats are too dirty, noisy, too much reverb, again, hard to tell exactly what's wrong, because track is overcomressed
Sound quality is the main problem, overall it is good liquid funk
Is that Soundgoodizer/Maximus on the master track?
Cheers for the feedback!
i changed up the compression (think i overdid compression a bit :hihi: ) and removed maximus from master track
Last edited by Zeekuh on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Wow, so much better without it! Now the sound is right for the first liquid track

Track is fun. The percussion feels a bit hot and seems to rob the bass of any impact (this is after your compression fix). The chorus feels sloppy with the vocal on top. Something still does not fit quite right. The breakdown piano should be thinner. Roll off the low/mid. It competes with the vocal for space.

But the overall track is fun. Just needs some touch-up.

thejonsolo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:05 pm Track is fun. The percussion feels a bit hot and seems to rob the bass of any impact (this is after your compression fix). The chorus feels sloppy with the vocal on top. Something still does not fit quite right. The breakdown piano should be thinner. Roll off the low/mid. It competes with the vocal for space.

But the overall track is fun. Just needs some touch-up.
Thanks for the input! I adjusted the chorus, you where right it was a bit off, also added some more spice to the bassline and changed it up a bit in the chorus. Automated EQ on piano @ transition, hope you like it, and if you find anything more please let me know! :)
Last edited by Zeekuh on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Personally, I think the beat is all wrong for this song. It's almost annoying. Of course this is just my personal opinion so feel free to ignore it. But the beat ruins this whole thing for me. Outside of that, the vocals are fine, the mix is fine and the song itself is fine, minus the beat.

The starting and stopping doesn't help either.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

So yes good improvement overall. I think the track is where it should be. Something about the vocal, though. I would EQ differently. Also the spread could be what is throwing me off. Narrow the field of her voice. You might have to break the samples up even more. Tricky for sure.

Ambitious tracks do that to us though, ha.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 pm Personally, I think the beat is all wrong for this song. It's almost annoying. Of course this is just my personal opinion so feel free to ignore it. But the beat ruins this whole thing for me. Outside of that, the vocals are fine, the mix is fine and the song itself is fine, minus the beat.

Thanks for the input! I changed up the beat and intro/outro, or did you mean the reverb stop of chorus? EDIT: Changed up transition instead of stop
thejonsolo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:36 pm So yes good improvement overall. I think the track is where it should be. Something about the vocal, though. I would EQ differently. Also the spread could be what is throwing me off. Narrow the field of her voice. You might have to break the samples up even more. Tricky for sure.

Thanks for additional input. You are again right about the vocal, guess i got a bit tunnel visioned and missed the sync . I sliced it up good and i feel pretty confident with the change.
Last edited by Zeekuh on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zeekuh wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:18 am
wagtunes wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 pm Personally, I think the beat is all wrong for this song. It's almost annoying. Of course this is just my personal opinion so feel free to ignore it. But the beat ruins this whole thing for me. Outside of that, the vocals are fine, the mix is fine and the song itself is fine, minus the beat.

Thanks for the input! I changed up the beat and intro/outro, or did you mean the reverb stop of chorus? EDIT: Changed up transition instead of stop
thejonsolo wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:36 pm So yes good improvement overall. I think the track is where it should be. Something about the vocal, though. I would EQ differently. Also the spread could be what is throwing me off. Narrow the field of her voice. You might have to break the samples up even more. Tricky for sure.

Thanks for additional input. You are again right about the vocal, guess i got a bit tunnel visioned and missed the sync . I sliced it up good and i feel pretty confident with the change.

https://soundcloud.com/zeekuh/zeekuh-so ... mind-wip-2
The beat is still wrong.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:38 am The beat is still wrong.
How is the beat wrong Wags? It's a standard Drum & Bass beat - It's the back bone of the genre.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:44 am
How is the beat wrong Wags? It's a standard Drum & Bass beat - It's the back bone of the genre.
And that's the problem with it. The beat doesn't fit the song. If I have to explain what I mean, it's pointless to even try.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:59 am
Robmobius wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:44 am
And that's the problem with it. The beat doesn't fit the song. If I have to explain what I mean, it's pointless to even try.
Not really sure how to solve that, but thanks for the input, maybe i'll redo the song in another genre later on. Did some more updates to it and updated links.
- Shortened transition
- Tweaked volume
- Changed eq on vocals and instruments

EDIT: Made a quick remake as EDM version, do you guys think i should make it an EDM song instead?
Last edited by Zeekuh on Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The EDM version is 10 trillion times better. THAT beat fits the song. Not that obnoxious DnB beat.

wagtunes wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:58 pm The EDM version is 10 trillion times better. THAT beat fits the song. Not that obnoxious DnB beat.
Okey, will change focus to that instead then, updated the topic subject to EDM instead.

EDIT: Got alot to learn about EDM, gonna post a reply here when i have more relevant song arranged.
Last edited by Zeekuh on Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”