2020 a year in gear (what have you/are you bought/buying?)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had an Intellejel Shapeshifter arrive yesterday. gassing for a Metropolis now.
Never ending story.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

The KeyStep Pro is the only item I am planning to purchase at this time. However, the list will surely will increase throughout the year.

Last edited by goldenanalog on Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aand I just bought an Orthogonal Devices ER-301. I’d better stop now...help
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Looking at all the NAMM announcements so far this might be the year for a new audio interface. A couple of new and interesting options are popping up.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Red Panda Particle v2 bought! It'll go nicely with the Tensor :party:

I ordered a Behringer TD-3 months ago, still waiting.
And I've been on the lookout for deals on a Behringer RD-8 and Behringer Pro-1. Or perhaps a cheap Chinese clone :wink:

Speaking of which, I'm still hoping for a 2020 Behringer Scarlett Johansson and a way to afford one.
Or two.

cptgone wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Speaking of which, I'm still hoping for a 2020 Behringer Scarlett Johansson and a way to afford one.
Or two.
Those are cool, if you can get over the fact that there's actually a tiny old Chinese woman inside, operating the thing.

:shrug: There's a warranty of 2 years in Belgium (not covering inherent vice of course) so those ladies are catered for with a generous amount of hot air. Tiny old people breathe less anyway, they've seen it all, they tire of that old in-out.

Particle arrived. At first I was like :help: :scared: :drunk: :-?

And then as I started to work out things a little better I was more like :dog: :wheee: :phones:

And now that I have MIDI working and Bitwig set up to control all the parameters in a big almost unified, almost modeless package, and tweaking things like density based on envelope followers etc. I'm all :hyper: :-D :hail:

That said, since I'm controlling it this way I can't help but wish it was a plugin and just skip the middleman. :hihi: My pedals sit atop my modular case where they're not in the easiest reach. And I'm not sure I like the way the controls on the actual pedal are set up, with Chop/Freeze being on the same knob and combinations of parameters not really simultaneously accessible.

But that aside, the sound is definitely cool. I've just been pinging random notes through it and tweaking parameters and getting all these wild combinations. It's definitely not as smooth a granular effect as Clouds -- the "Chop" parameter is well named, and how it interacts with the delay time is a key part of its sound.

I know it supports stereo, but I have it running in mono right now, going into Tensor and through a mono pedal interface in my modular. I might wind up reversing that order, though.

I might also have to set up my Tensor for MIDI :D

Bought a Strymon AA.1 pedal interface so I can use the Particle in stereo. I'm kind of annoyed because I already have a 2hp Trim and a Circuit Abbey Gozinta that it seems like I could use -- albeit awkwardly -- but there is no sane combination of cables that will get from there to 1/4" TRS stereo without multiple adapters even worse awkwardness.

Since I figure I'll probably pick up another pedal or two in the future, might as well do it right I suppose. I just wonder why the AA.1 uses TRS for the input, but two TS outputs.

After about 6 or 7 weeks of waiting, my Behringer RD-8 should be arriving today!

just paid all my bills till april1st.

so 2 months pay for toys coming up :band2:

Possibly a cry-baby.
“The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information.”
-Henry A. Wallace

Edit: overlooked we are in hardware thread, so I correct my post. I am hoping to get a desktop PC this year so I can make music without the limitations of my current laptop
Last edited by oonabe on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”