Kushview Element plugin host

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Element

Feature Request : Built-in Envelop, lfo, step sequencer etc. a la Fl minihost modular.
Last edited by ibne on Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

kushview wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:48 pm Ok thanks. Yep, the graph renderer tries to prevent feedback loops on purpose. But now I know feeding back can be useful, I could add changes to allow it.
Thanks. Reaper has the option of enabling feedback routing on a project by project basis, defaults (sensibly) to off so you only have it on if you really need it. Maybe a sensible way of implementing this?

Cheers.

I’ve been using kushview for a few weeks now but there’s one thing I feel it really needs to be usable in a serious project and that’s panning in the mixer. Could you maybe make this a higher priority?
Check out my YouTube channel for dose of Acid: https://www.youtube.com/acidalex

Currently supporting Element on Patreon. So far I’m loving it!! One quick thing, the latest version of Kontakt (AU) crashes element upon attempting to load it. The VST version works just fine though. Keep up the great work!

I get crashing after loading certain vsti3 it crashes when I go to click on the module I can click everywhere else just when I click the instrument module it crashes? I can hook everything up, click on the workspace and other modules but as soon as I hit the offending module with a click it crashes?
-Committed to provide innovative technologies for multimedia.-

https://www.davidsonaudioandmultimedia.com

kushview wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:03 pm
zyguli wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:29 pm Does it handle PDC?
Quick answer, yes and no. latency compensation happens automatically at the graph level. Adjusting for individual plugins will be coming in a future release.
Is it possible to better explain this? At the graph level there is automatic PDC, but at the individual plugin level PDC is not yet available. Is graph level PDC not as effective? I don't understand the benefits of one over the other. I want to turn my one of my PCs into an effects box for my hardware.
When is someone going to design a controller that can control all the buttons, knobs, and sliders on a VSTi\VST :?:

iLLusionistX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 pm
Quick answer, yes and no. latency compensation happens automatically at the graph level. Adjusting for individual plugins will be coming in a future release.
Is it possible to better explain this? At the graph level there is automatic PDC, but at the individual plugin level PDC is not yet available. Is graph level PDC not as effective? I don't understand the benefits of one over the other. I want to turn my one of my PCs into an effects box for my hardware.
I think what he meant was that since latency is compensated at graph level, you would have trouble if you had multiple parallel FX that all have different latency, because their output in relation to each other will be different. For example, if you were running two convolution engines in parallel, each of which would give you different latencies, you'd basically get comb filtering due to the fact that their total latency is compensated at graph output, but is not compensated in relation to each other.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:11 pm
iLLusionistX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:20 pm
I think what he meant was that since latency is compensated at graph level, you would have trouble if you had multiple parallel FX that all have different latency, because their output in relation to each other will be different. For example, if you were running two convolution engines in parallel, each of which would give you different latencies, you'd basically get comb filtering due to the fact that their total latency is compensated at graph output, but is not compensated in relation to each other.
Ok, thank you! I understand better now. But, that puts a bit of a damper on the PC as an "effects box"...for now anyways.
When is someone going to design a controller that can control all the buttons, knobs, and sliders on a VSTi\VST :?:

iLLusionistX wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:15 pm Ok, thank you! I understand better now. But, that puts a bit of a damper on the PC as an "effects box"...for now anyways.
two things to consider : (1) most effects dont actually introduce any latency, and (2) PDC is generally only useful in playback in a DAW.

WRT (2) this is because the typical compensation system involves delaying tracks with a lower sum of latency time so that they're played later than they would be, to put them in time with the output of any tracks with higher summed latencies.

For a live effects processing scenario, that latency compensation still means latency, and people generally prefer to minimise latency in a live effects rig, not increase it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

This all looks good, I installed it, ran it, scanned for plugins, tried the vst and was all working good BUT then on restart a screen came up (pic below).
I click get license and get :
"Oops! That page can’t be found."
The links on the net say Now Free. Is there a basic free version or do I still need to buy a license somewhere ?

I found this https://kushview.net/article/element-fr ... -download/
but it just took me to the download page after filling out email.
Then this https://kushview.net/free-vst-host/
"And yes it really is completely free!"
but that linked to the download page.
Then https://kushview.net/article/summer-sal ... tarts-now/
gives a dead link on Pro but SE takes you to a cart.

Quoting from an earlier post about this software:
Dozius wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:58 pm Probably worth including this blurb from the web page.
Element is free as in “Free speech”, not free as in “Free beer”. It takes a tremendous amount of time and effort to maintain a large project and write the code. If you want to see bigger releases and features rolled out faster, consider offering a donation or becoming a sponsor on Patreon.
I've merged the two threads and deleted one near-duplicate post. Left the version of that post that had more info. [eta] There's a third thread that compares Kushview to similar software. Since that's got a distinct focus that thread's still separate.

crossovercable wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:41 am This all looks good, I installed it, ran it, scanned for plugins, tried the vst and was all working good BUT then on restart a screen came up (pic below).
I click get license and get :
"Oops! That page can’t be found."
The links on the net say Now Free. Is there a basic free version or do I still need to buy a license somewhere ?

This is the download link: https://kushview.net/element/download/form/

If you want the free free version, click on the GitHub button, and download the correct version for your OS.

Yes that is the one I got, can't see any other downloads anywhere else.

Last edited by crossovercable on Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On the left you have "releases" page link. This was probably mistake because link there points to previous version.
Link for all releases (and latest): https://github.com/kushview/Element/releases

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”