Nektarine, Omnisphere, & Bitwig

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone,

I'm going to post this again in the Bitwig forum, just in case its more of a Bitwig issue than a Nektarine issue, but it certainly seems like this setup here that just doesn't work. Here's my issue:

I have Omnisphere 2.6 and I just got the Panorama T4 about 3 weeks ago. I used it in Reaper without any issues, synth played great through Nektarine and the control functionality reminded me a lot of my long dead friend Remote SL MKII, just with even more customization and integration. The T4 is GREAT!

But, Reaper doesn't play well when using the midi beat clock from my MPC X. I think they hate each other because these 2 pieces of tech couldn't communicate to each other in a way that was anything other than a total train wreck. MTC worked, but I don't want MTC...period.

SO...I tried a few VST host applications and Live Professor 2 was great, but didn't allow me to use my other gear the way I liked. So I moved on and installed Bitwig 8-track. Bitwig looked extremely promising for so many reasons. The MPC midi clock and Bitwig had great syncing communication and the DAW integration with the T4 was smooth.

So I started making a custom control map with Nektarine for Omnisphere and that is when it happened. While trying to audition sounds in Omnisphere, I was experience crackling or no sound. Playing notes from either the MPC X or T4 struggled mightily to get one full note out. So I tried loading Trillian and Trillian played fine, I also loaded Diva and got the performance I expect. Go back to Omnisphere and I either get no sound, quick almost inaudible stab, or crackling. In Reaper, this did not happen. So I loaded Omnisphere outside of Nektarine and it played perfectly. Loaded Omnisphere inside Nektarine and the no sound, inaudible stabs, or crackling returned. The midi indicator shows that it is active, but I get nothing in return. This only happens with Omnisphere, my other software works like it is supposed to when loaded into Nektarine.

To Summarize:

Omnisphere 2.6 + Reaper = Success!
Omnisphere 2.6 inside Nektarine + Reaper = Success!

Unfortunately, Reaper doesn't suite my workflow.

Omnisphere 2.6 + Bitwig 8-track = Success!
Omnisphere 2.6 inside Nektarine + Bitwig 8-track = Failure!

I'm going to try and work inside Reason until I can get some answers and\or resolution. Anyone else experiencing anything like this?
When is someone going to design a controller that can control all the buttons, knobs, and sliders on a VSTi\VST :?:

I finally heard from Nektar on this issue and it sounds like there might be hope with their release of Nektarine 2.0 which is slated to sometime in the very near future. Unfortunately, I'm selling my software studio, so I won't get a chance to benefit from the update.
When is someone going to design a controller that can control all the buttons, knobs, and sliders on a VSTi\VST :?:

Thank you for posting that last bit about Nektar's response... I also just started messing around with Nektarine for the first time, and for the first time Omnisphere 2 is doing the exact same thing for me (only in Bitwig)...

Hopefully it will come out sooner rather than later, but at the same time I wouldn't want them to rush it.
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”