Does u-he Diva ever go on sale?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think all plugins above 100 euros/dollars should be available in installments. For a lot of people 180 euros is a lot of money, especially outside rich countries.

vurt wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:00 pm
e-crooner wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:13 pm I think all plugins above 100 euros/dollars should be available in installments. For a lot of people 180 euros is a lot of money, especially outside rich countries.
just buy the ones you can afford?
sadly in life, we all have a "budget", may seem unfair but that's life.
theres nothing more "essential" about the more expensive ones, you might have to work a little harder with the less pricey ones to get the same sort of sound, or close enough it doesn't really matter :shrug:

also plugins are a luxury item, theres no law that states everybody should have access to all.
I suppose there is not any law that states that things SHOULD be like this or that :hihi:

Anyway, installments also benefit the developer, all it takes is a little more patience. Receiving installments is better than not receiving anything.
It's also how people buy their homes.

Diva on Sweetwater's website:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... th-plug-in
"As low as $30/month - See all payment options"

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-crooner wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:02 pm I think all plugins above 100 euros/dollars should be available in installments. For a lot of people 180 euros is a lot of money, especially outside rich countries.
Diva wasn't coded in installments. Arranging customer installments
will cost somebody real money. Who should that be, in your opinion?
The actual installments you need are called 'bank deposits'.
You save your money, work more hours, and pay in full
when you have enough saved.

If you would use a $180 plugin aggressively, as an everyday part
of your business, you might justify paying the interest on a credit purchase,
but if it's for hobbyist use, save up, work extra, do your part as
the coders have done theirs. :hyper:
Cheers

We talked about this before. We can enable purchases in installments / rent-to-own as soon as we move our copy protection to challenge/response or online activation (source: Our shop platform). I'm thinking iLok maybe, that's probably the easiest way to drop the years of experience with serial numbers. We'd simply raise our prices by 30% to pay for the overhead licensing fees, insurances for missed payments and stuff.

Nope, don't think so.

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am We talked about this before. We can enable purchases in installments / rent-to-own as soon as we move our copy protection to challenge/response or online activation (source: Our shop platform). I'm thinking iLok maybe, that's probably the easiest way to drop the years of experience with serial numbers. We'd simply raise our prices by 30% to pay for the overhead licensing fees, insurances for missed payments and stuff.

Nope, don't think so.
For the love of god no ;) Let other companies do the "installment plans" (as some already do). If someone is desperate to do installments use a credit card. Or just do it the old-fashioned way and save up.

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am We talked about this before.... I'm thinking iLok maybe.... We'd simply raise our prices by 30%...

Nope, don't think so.
There, fixed those typos for ya'....no extra charge :wink:

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:57 am We talked about this before. We can enable purchases in installments / rent-to-own as soon as we move our copy protection to challenge/response or online activation (source: Our shop platform). I'm thinking iLok maybe, that's probably the easiest way to drop the years of experience with serial numbers. We'd simply raise our prices by 30% to pay for the overhead licensing fees, insurances for missed payments and stuff.

Nope, don't think so.
I think it would be enough to allow people to pay in three installments, this way you could issue two expiring and one final, permanent keys.

I am not sure about missing payments. It might make sense to ask LennarDigital how the addition of installments has impacted their sales.

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Nope, don't think so.
I think it would be enough to allow people to pay in three installments, this way you could issue two expiring and one final, permanent keys.

I am not sure about missing payments. It might make sense to ask LennarDigital how the addition of installments has impacted their sales.
would people be willing to pay in installments if they received the synth once fully paid up?

that way reducing the risk to devs and therefore not adding cost?

e-crooner wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:12 pm

Nope, don't think so.

They went C/R. QED.

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:19 pm They went C/R. QED.
Well, I meant the sales as such, whether they have picked up since the switch...

Personally, I have no problem with C/R. Sylneth1 also checks for updates regularly, which also requires being online.

Nope, don't think so.
Yeah, ugh. One reason I went with u-he's plugins, and Garritan's, and Scarbee's and a couple others: no I-Lok or similar scheme. All else being close to equal, that wins out for me when picking a plugin.
Last edited by Stokely on Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can't believe it took me three sentences into Urs statement to realise he was being sarcastic :).
Lol.

But as others have said, that is what your bank etc is for. They are developers not financial institutions. Good for you for those developers who do..... but.... surely it isn't for everyone.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”