The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I watched Jimmy Neutron as a kid. That song sounds really 80’s. I agree on the Trevor Horn comparison as well, you do kind of sound like him.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:45 pm I watched Jimmy Neutron as a kid. That song sounds really 80’s. I agree on the Trevor Horn comparison as well, you do kind of sound like him.
I should sing as well as Trevor Horn. Ha!

Glad it sounds 80s. I was going for 80s.

8th track from my upcoming CD "2020"

This one took a week to do. A little alternative rock on this. Went for some raspy John Lennon vocals in places. Very odd arrangement which includes cello, violin, flutes and English horn. This one may not work for some of you. Personally, I'm still on the fence as far as how I feel about it.

But if this one isn't your cup of tea, you might want to check out my last track which is pure 80s titled "Just Like Jimmy Neutron."

Anyway, here's this week's offering.

Ain't That Lonely Yet

Well you chewed me up and you spit me out
And you plastered me all over the road
And you kicked me in my private places
That sure was one heavy load

And you made my life a living hell
And that was on my very best day
And now you say you want me back
Well I got just one thing to say

I ain't that lonely yet
To let you back into my life
I can't believe I ever said I do
And let you become my wife
I ain't that lonely yet
To take some more of your abuse
So if you think I'm gonna break down again
I'm telling you it's just no use
Cause I ain't that lonely yet

Yeah everyday was an adventure in pain
I felt your claws at work on my back
The blood would pour like those drinks at the bar
I guess I didn't know Jack

Cause I would let it go on day after day
I didn't know how to say no
And now you want to come back this way
Well baby you just have to go

Repeat Chorus

I'd rather be eaten by a grisly bear
Yeah that's what I'd prefer to do
I'd rather listen to a song by Sonny and Cher
Then spend one more minute with you

Repeat Chorus

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... lonely-yet

Well the song is cool. I like the arrangement. Except it sounds distorted. Otherwise, you keep getting better. The arrangement breathes nicely. The lead guitar could have been a bit louder. And the vocals could have been a bit tighter. But that is nit picking, cause this is really a good track.

thejonsolo wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:05 am Well the song is cool. I like the arrangement. Except it sounds distorted. Otherwise, you keep getting better. The arrangement breathes nicely. The lead guitar could have been a bit louder. And the vocals could have been a bit tighter. But that is nit picking, cause this is really a good track.
Thanks Jon. Unfortunately you missed my 80s track before this. I think it came out pretty good.

The distortion on this one was intentional. I was going for a really dirty sound. Maybe I overcooked it a bit. It's possible. The vocals were tough to do on this one. That was me actually singing harmony without aid of Avox. Not easy for me to do. I wanted to try to stretch myself on this one and take chances now that I have the basic process down. I'll probably be taking more chances in the future. It's the only way I'll grow.

Anyway, thanks for the listen and the feedback.

The song is a winner. The idea is a winner.

The arrangement & mix is ok.

The vocal is the tight spot here. The hoarse thing is fine. Where it falls short for me is that you didn't open your voice so it sounds fearful instead of confident. This needs the confidence to sell the idea of the song. Now I know that is easier said than done but forget trying to sing it and just let that voice out. Let the resonance happen as there is where the emotional authenticity comes from.

Great song tho. Really great song Wags
:-)

p.s. if you get a good vocal on this I would love to mix it for you.

Benedict wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:50 am The song is a winner. The idea is a winner.

The arrangement & mix is ok.

The vocal is the tight spot here. The hoarse thing is fine. Where it falls short for me is that you didn't open your voice so it sounds fearful instead of confident. This needs the confidence to sell the idea of the song. Now I know that is easier said than done but forget trying to sing it and just let that voice out. Let the resonance happen as there is where the emotional authenticity comes from.

Great song tho. Really great song Wags
:-)

p.s. if you get a good vocal on this I would love to mix it for you.
Thanks for the listen and the feedback Benedict. As I have said many times, I am not a singer. And some songs, my trying to "pull off" is almost laughable. I do the best with what God gave me. And at age 62, that's less and less everyday. Anybody here is more than welcome to sing one of my songs with my blessings.

I think this is a great song Wags and the lyrics and melody are very good. I like your harmonies and the vocals in general but there are a couple of off notes where you reach for a note and overstep it. The second verse is the one that was obvious. If you redid that verse the song would be fantastic.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:28 am I think this is a great song Wags and the lyrics and melody are very good. I like your harmonies and the vocals in general but there are a couple of off notes where you reach for a note and overstep it. The second verse is the one that was obvious. If you redid that verse the song would be fantastic.
Well, I pitch corrected every note so whatever note that is, it was intentional. But thanks for the listen and the feedback.

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 am
Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:28 am I think this is a great song Wags and the lyrics and melody are very good. I like your harmonies and the vocals in general but there are a couple of off notes where you reach for a note and overstep it. The second verse is the one that was obvious. If you redid that verse the song would be fantastic.
Well, I pitch corrected every note so whatever note that is, it was intentional. But thanks for the listen and the feedback.
Ahh, they are Jazz Notes then...
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:37 am
wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:17 am
Ahh, they are Jazz Notes then...
I do a lot of odd melodies that some people might not get or like. I've come to accept that. I go out of my way to be different.

9th track from my upcoming CD "2020"

Something very different from me. More of a jam than a song. Wanted to do something to just let myself go a little. The riff should be very familiar to all you Hendrix fans.

Heebie Jeebies

I got the heebie-jeebies shakin' to my toes
I got this feelin' deep inside that no one knows
I just can't shake it and it makes me want to shout
I know you can relate cause you know what it's about
Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Got a hold on me
Can't you see

I got the heebie-jeebies and they just won't let me go
My mind's exploding all I see now is my foe
The walls are closing in and there's just no escape
The writing's on the wall I can't hide from my fate
Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Got a hold on me
Can't you see

Instrumental Break

Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Heebie Jeebs
Got a hold on me
Can't you see

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim/heebie-jeebies

The song Heebie Jeebies reminds me of Supertramp for some reason, must be the electric piano.
Many paid and free VSTs as well as Kontakt libraries. As well as HW synths/drum machine and acoustic instruments.

Music Bird wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:35 pm The song Heebie Jeebies reminds me of Supertramp for some reason, must be the electric piano.
It's that Rhodes sound. Used Arturia's for that one.

Enjoyed this one Wags. Great riff, cool singing and nice break! Guitar on outro is also very nice...
Brass is a welcome addition.
Well done. :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”