E-MU 1616m, 1212m, 1820m, 0404 Audio Interface - Complete Windows 10 (1903 & Above) Installation Guide

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SPAM 5 - Maybe my next long post wont get truncated, LOL

Coxy wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:27 pm Whats so good about these interfaces that isn't easily matched by anything you can buy today?
Above all: It's a PCI Express interface. Apart from exactly one interface by RME, there are no more PCIx interfaces available. And PCIx is way more stable and has considerably less latency than any USB or FireWire interface.

Besides: I once tested the above-mentioned PCIx interface by RME. Apart from the fact that it cost nearly twice as much as the EMU 1616m, it had no breakout box, caused a bunch of thin cables lying around the PC, and sounded in no way better or more transparent than the EMU 1616m. I therefore dediced to return it to the shop and keep my EMU - and I'm glad I did so.

Is this enough of an answer for you? :)
Last edited by Skorpius on Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sherwoodsound wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am This is a complete guide to setting up the E-MU 1212m/1616m audio interface on Windows 10 ...
Dear Martin,

Thank you SOOO much for your efforts and for giving us the possibility to use our valuable interfaces with the next WIndows generation. I'm really, really grateful. :hail:

Spammed - because of an attached image?

Has anybody gotten this to work in 32-bit Audio? Mine still won't stick and reverts back to 24-bit. Furthermore, when I tried recording in 32-bit in Reaper, everything appeared to be working, but upon playback I discovered it had only recorded a garbled mess. Going to test out 24-bit recording today & see how that goes, but I'd strongly prefer 32-bit audio like the card used to default to.

Bookmarked for future reference. :D Thank you.

What a pity to see such great pieces of hardware wasted by lack of software support. :(

Our little home studio has been running some machines equipped with a few of these emu10k1/emu10k2 based hardware for years. Including some Audigy's.

Windows 8.1 was the last OS I could install my good old pci 1820m trouble free, using the latest 2.3 drivers ( intended for the PCIe models, but they also work with the PCI ones ).
Free MIDI plugins and other stuff:
https://jstuff.wordpress.com
"MIDI 2.0 is an extension of MIDI 1.0. It does not replace MIDI 1.0(...)"

sherwoodsound wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am This is a complete guide to setting up the E-MU 1212m/1616m audio interface on Windows 10 version 1903 and above.
I hope this guide helps everyone that wants to keep their 1212m/1616m running.

Martin
Producer, Sherwood Sound Studios
Thank you, thank you, thank you Martin!!!!
It was a long way but I'm getting to it now!!!!
(EMU 1212m PCI)

Many many THANKS!!!!

Peter

I have the EMU 0404 PCI card, working faultlessly since 2006. It stopped working last month with the Windows 10 1909 update.

Thank you so much for your efforts to provide a fix and keep these excellent cards working.

The fix seems to work quite well for me - the card seems to work exactly as before but there is a problem with an intermittent lockup/screeching sound every few minutes.

It's great to get some functionality back but the card is now unusable for recording unless this fix can be developed to eliminate the problem.

Could we crowdfund some money to enable people to spend some time on it?

Any suggestions for eliminating the screeching lockup gratefully received!

In the meantime, I'm going to try a dual boot situation with a previous version of Windows 10. I suspect this will be the only way to get continued use of the 0404 in the long term.

Fantastic! Thanks a million for this fix! :tu:

Thanks to you, ClubHouseKey, and everyone that helped to get this working. These specific instructions worked for me. All the other fixes I missed a step somewhere.
I luv my EMU1820M and patchmix. I know it's past it's life cycle but it's been my friend so many years.

Octominx wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:55 am In the meantime, I'm going to try a dual boot situation with a previous version of Windows 10. I suspect this will be the only way to get continued use of the 0404 in the long term.
Octominx, This really sound like an IRQ conflict of some kind. Can you try a different slot for the card?
Try disabling any unused motherboard hardware serial and printer ports. Sometimes that can free up resources.
Look to see if there is sharing with another device going on in the device manager.
Worth a try before you give up for good.
HK

Will it work for USB version EMU-0404?

Another Massive Thank You !!!!!! to ClubHouseKey and sherwoodsound for saving my 1616m PCIE.

You are the Very Best !!!!!!

S.

Special thanks to ClubHouseKey and sherwoodsound!

I have had partial success getting my 1820m to work again since the Win 10 1903 and now 1909 updates which killed the drivers that had been working for some years.

Initially while the PatchMix DSP program no longer showed insufficient hardware errors, I didn't seem to be able to get the E-mu DSP ASIO drivers to show up as a choice in Cubase 10 or IL Minihost Modular (x64). Even the edit to the registry for CTASIO.dll to CTASIO64.dll didn't help.

One thing that seemed make the difference was replacing the XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0018 driver download files with the newer XFTI_PCDRV_L11_2_40_0019 download:

https://support.creative.com/Downloads/ ... wDetails=1

I had to edit the FilesToReplace.csv file replacing the 18 with 19 to point to the correct driver path folder after copying the extracted contents to the c:\temp folder and rerunning the power shell script.

Now I see the E-mu DSP ASIO drivers show up in 64 bit applications such as Cubase 10 and IL MiniHost Modular (x64). And my Patchmix DSP app still works too. But I still don't see any E-mu DSP ASIO drivers showing up in any of my 32 bit applications. I used to be able to see an E-mu DSP ASIO driver choice in configuration dropdowns in both 32 bit and 64 bit applications before the 1903 update broke the 2.30 beta drivers. Now, the native E-mu DSP ASIO drivers only show up in 64 bit application drop-downs for audio drivers.

I am getting much closer but that last mile to success is still eluding me.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

Rawl :-}

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”