Waves Ovox - what do you think of it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been watching some demos on the new Waves vocal effects plugin Ovox and I have to say that I find it quite interesting.

I own already iZotope's vocal synth 2 but this one sounds better to me apart from having some additional features like an arpeggiator and the possibility to assign chords to single keys or assign LFO's to controls by drag and drop, so I am thinking about getting it. What do you think about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLMOzVcDlQE

Definitely a very interesting plugin. Good to see Waves doing more creative effects for once. I'm sure I'll be getting it eventually.
No signature here!

Initial thoughts
a) I have and rarely use Vocal Synth 2, so though this is interesting, I doubt I would use it.
b) it will be annoying overused, much like autotune.
c) why isn't it part of the mercury bundle?

I like the GUI and the demo sounds are decent, but I really dislike the way that Waves plugins load and I'd rather use Vocal Synth, so I'll easily pass on this.

I thought about it and then I remembered how much WUP I paid for v11
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 pm I thought about it and then I remembered how much WUP I paid for v11
Don't pay for anything that's working. :D I have both v9,10 and 11 together.

Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am I like the GUI and the demo sounds are decent, but I really dislike the way that Waves plugins load and I'd rather use Vocal Synth, so I'll easily pass on this.
How do they load? I haven't purchased any Waves plugin yet, would be interesting to know what to pay attention to before purchasing...
Aloysius wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:10 pm I thought about it and then I remembered how much WUP I paid for v11
Seems like Waves ends up selling their stuff for much less money at some point, I hope they include ovox and vocal rider in a single bundle, that would be perfect for me

oonabe wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:44 pm
Russell Grand wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 am I like the GUI and the demo sounds are decent, but I really dislike the way that Waves plugins load and I'd rather use Vocal Synth, so I'll easily pass on this.
How do they load? I haven't purchased any Waves plugin yet, would be interesting to know what to pay attention to before purchasing...
Seems like Waves ends up selling their stuff for much less money at some point, I hope they include ovox and vocal rider in a single bundle, that would be perfect for me
Ovox is part of the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection bundle. Waves offers me the upgrade from my individuals for about 36$. I have to think about it.

emulator01 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:02 pm Ovox is part of the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection bundle. Waves offers me the upgrade from my individuals for about 36$. I have to think about it.
Great, thanks for that information, I just added the bundle to my wishlist, for me the price is quite far from $36, I guess you already own some of their plugins?

rollasoc wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:07 am Initial thoughts
a) I have and rarely use Vocal Synth 2, so though this is interesting, I doubt I would use it.
b) it will be annoying overused, much like autotune.
c) why isn't it part of the mercury bundle?
Agree. Your point c is particularly relevant. Absolute headscratcher.

Sounds interesting, but what the hell could I do with this ?...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

sell it?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

:lol:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

oonabe wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:57 pm
emulator01 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:02 pm Ovox is part of the Inspire Virtual Instruments Collection bundle. Waves offers me the upgrade from my individuals for about 36$. I have to think about it.
Great, thanks for that information, I just added the bundle to my wishlist, for me the price is quite far from $36, I guess you already own some of their plugins?
Yes. With the upgrade I would get 3 new ones. I have the others already.

Pretty good deal if you have other plugins. My Inspire update was $45. The Ovox is pretty cool and sounds a million times better than Izotope’s offering which I find unusable.
If it's just a great sounding Vocoder one is looking for then the XILs vocoder is unbeatable at the moment.

Return to “Effects”