Signal Noise - the 2020 version of Dead Duck?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cool to see two great devs (swatwork/Dead Duck and Sender Spike/Signal Noise) in the same thread! :tu:

@swatwork: yes, I recall what you said, but I figure there will be no need for updating your stuff for technical reasons as they work like charms the way they are. :wink:

@Sender Spike: glad your things got some recognition this way. :wink: What I meant is visuals like jumping EQ curves or so, but of course, for some of your plugins that wouldn't make sense. Still I personally prefer "LED" VU meters with overload markers etc over phono meters, but I get that you are after an analog feel, and in that respect your choice is more pleasing design-wise I guess.

Good job anyway!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 am my idea of a saturation plugin is Something that adds glue and a nice low/high end
Here you go - not exactly a saturation plug-in as such, but as it turned out an opamp is a useful component to have in a toolbox :) Anyway, it's roughly modeled after my Moogerfooger's 'Drive' section and can sound pretty convincing as far as I can tell. But you be the judge :D Anyway, thanks for inspiration ;)
Last edited by O7O on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SparkySpark wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 pm @Sender Spike: glad your things got some recognition this way. :wink: What I meant is visuals like jumping EQ curves or so, but of course, for some of your plugins that wouldn't make sense. Still I personally prefer "LED" VU meters with overload markers etc over phono meters, but I get that you are after an analog feel, and in that respect your choice is more pleasing design-wise I guess.
When I think about it it's pretty ironic as all of my outboard gear has only LED VUs and I'm quite ok with it. As for those "jumping EQ curves", I very much like them in surgical EQs and such, but most importantly, although I have a vague idea how to implement them, it's a complex thing (well, definitely more complex than a VU meter be it one with needle or LEDs). So, that "analog feel" is a good way for me to deliver a finished/working thing, while still being a beginner when it comes to audio signal processing :oops: Well, I learn as I go :)
SparkySpark wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:16 pm Good job anyway!
Thanks very much :tu:

O7O wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:03 am my idea of a saturation plugin is Something that adds glue and a nice low/high end
Here you go - not exactly a saturation plug-in as such, but as it turned out an opamp is a useful component to have in a toolbox :) Anyway, it's roughly modeled after my Moogerfooger's 'Drive' section and can sound pretty convincing as far as I can tell. But you be the judge :D Anyway, thanks for inspiration ;)
Wow thank you! Will test it right away :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:17 pm
O7O wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:59 am
Wow thank you! Will test it right away :)
Man, that was fast work! Looks great! :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:31 pm Man, that was fast work! Looks great! :tu:
:) :tu:

Let's not forget about the new jewel in the family: SN06 OpAmp.
A very simple but good-sounding saturator: https://senderspike.wordpress.com/2019/11/12/downloads/

heavymetalmixer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:29 am Let's not forget about the new jewel in the family: SN06 OpAmp.
A very simple but good-sounding saturator: https://senderspike.wordpress.com/2019/11/12/downloads/
:tu:

heavymetalmixer wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:29 am Let's not forget about the new jewel in the family: SN06 OpAmp.
Yes! I love it! :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Effects”